Wondering about which microdermabrasion tool is better between Microderm Glo vs. PMD? You’re in the right place!
After in-depth product research and studies, I will share a detailed guide on choosing between each of the professional microdermabrasion machines.
Make sure to also check our review of the best at home microdermabrasion system!
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
What is Microderm Glo, and How Does it Work?
“Microdermabrasion machines can polish and buff the skin with a crystal tip to remove dead skin cells and dirt on your face,” says medical aesthetician Maria Barry.
People use the Microderm Glo to get professional microdermabrasion to smooth and polish their faces. It’s a small tool that you can hold in your hand.
You can use this treatment to make them look less harmful if it helps remove wrinkles, blackheads, blemishes, and dark spots and reduce age spots and scars.
You can use the facial treatment machine, your skin will look like it did in the summer, and you’ll have the healthiest skin with a better texture.
The Microderm tool gives you a better complexion and improved blood circulation. Gentle exfoliation is an effective treatment to remove dead cells and clear pores.
Lifestyle editor Summer Cartwright remembered the product as “this miracle tool that can transform aging skin in minutes.”
- ❤️ “THIS SYSTEM HAS TAKEN 10 YEARS OFF MY FACE!” Did you know that over 384,452 happy customers have used our patented Microderm GLO at-home system? Get ready to experience your healthiest skin ever! DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED - LIFETIME WARRANTY
- 🌟 GET GORGEOUS SKIN WITHOUT PHOTO FILTERS… Do you want to take stunning selfies, without having to use filters to make your skin look perfect? It’s never been easier to get model-worthy skin. Just use your Microderm GLO Microdermabrasion Machine once a week to see and feel the diamond difference!
- ❤️ EXPERIENCE CLINICALLY-PROVEN RESULTS— If you are looking for smaller pores, improved skin radiance, more tone, and softer skin, then you are ready for the beautiful spa results of our Microderm GLO System.
- 🌟 BE SAFE— GET MICRODERM GLO! Microderm GLO is the only at-home microdermabrasion system that has a patented Diamond Safe 3D suction technology to make sure you don’t cut your face! Plus, it’s safe and gentle enough for all skin types— including sensitive skin!
- ❤️ ENJOY OUR “SOFTER SKIN IN 4 MINUTES” GUARANTEE— Did you know you can do a Microderm GLO treatment in 4 minutes to reveal your softest skin? If you’re not completely satisfied with your results, we will offer you a full refund. You can click the yellow “Add to Cart” button today with total confidence in your future skin!
How Does PMD Work?
If going to a spa is not possible, you can get a personal Microderm PMD at home.
Even after your first treatment, you can say that you have skin that looks like it did when you were younger. The vacuum suction treats skin conditions and improves the appearance of wrinkles.
READ MORE: Comparison Guide of Microderm Glo vs Mini
What are the Differences Between Microderm Glo and PMD?
These are the main differences between the above professional microdermabrasion machine types.
|PMD Personal Microderm
|Palm-sized, waterdrop-shaped, wireless with LED screen
|ergonomic cylinder, power and operation buttons
|Suction modes/ suction settings
|Auto mode Manual mode
|Manual mode 8 Settings
|Suction tools/ suction tips
|Spinning disks Crystal microdermabrasion
|Diamond tips Diamond particles Diamond microdermabrasion
|Wireless Rechargeable batteries
|For all skin types
|For all skin types With a particular PMD model for men
|Detailed instructions Cotton filter replacement packs Cleansing brush, discs, adapter
|Compact device Instruction manual Diamond head Diamond tip flat Diamond tip wand Cleaning brush Replacement filter Charging base Portable carry pouch
|2-year warranty period
|Starting at $111.30
|Customer Service Rating
|4.3 stars – positive reviews
|4.3 stars – positive reviews
While both cosmetic treatment devices are handheld and palm-sized, the PMD Personal Microderm has a more ergonomic design for a long microdermabrasion treatment session.
The Glo is bulkier as a handheld device than the PMD microdermabrasion kits.
The Microderm Glo is an excellent choice for beginners because it offers Auto Mode, which uses the LED Display to provide instructional treatment instructions and a timer.
The battery charge status is also displayed on the LED screen. The suction levels can be adjusted with the up and down arrow buttons.
There is also a Manual Mode where you can perform longer treatments. The suction levels of the PMD can be changed by simply hitting the power button once more.
Microdermabrasion Glo has three suction tool levels, allowing it to be used by novices, medium-intensity users, and high-intensity users alike.
The suction power on the highest setting of 22hg/in for deeper layers. For deeper layers, There are eight possible settings for the PMD.
People who work in skincare use Aluminum Oxide crystals found on spinning discs in the PMD.
It gently pulls your skin toward the disc so that you can get the most out of the process.
Microderm MD is an actual microdermabrasion treatment that uses dual-action therapy, diamond-tipped exfoliation, and suction to eliminate dead skin cells.
When it does Diamond peel exfoliation, which is a more advanced form of microdermabrasion, it uses gentle abrasion to remove the dull outer layers of skin and speed up the growth of new cells.
This is because the suction increases blood flow to the epidermis, which allows collagen to be rebuilt, resulting in skin that looks younger, a clearer skin tone, and less uneven skin tone.
Microderm Glo Premium Skincare has wireless and rechargeable power sources making it easier to use anywhere.
You won’t need to find a wall to plug your device, unlike the PMD microdermabrasion facial tool. Less hassle, as long as the Glo is pre-charged!
Both the microdermabrasion machines can cater to different skin types, including sensitive skin, dry skin, dull skin, and uneven skin tone. So regardless of your skin type, you will have glowing skin.
Microderm Glo and the PMD get to the deep layer of skin to rid of the dead skin cells and boost collagen production to improve your skin texture for brighter skin, smoother skin, and younger-looking skin!
The difference is that the PMD has a line specialized for men’s skin types.
A man’s skin contains sebaceous glands and pores larger than a woman’s. Because males produce twice as much sebum as women, their skin is oilier and shinier. (1)
As a result, its pH is lower than female skin’s, making it more susceptible to pollutants and acne. Adult guys are less likely than adult females to have dry skin.
PMD meets its goal of inclusivity by having a device made for men’s skin concerns.
Their PMD for men targets dead skin and imperfections. This leaves clean skin, clearer skin, and youthful skin.
Not only that! Aside from the dead skin cells’ removal, microdermabrasion allows better absorption of skincare products towards a more radiant skin.
Here’s a video about PMD for Men.
PMD VS Microderm Glo: Which One Should I Choose?
They both produce similar sound effects when applied to the skin. However, the Microderm Glo’s LED screen and battery-operated portability made it a great purchase.
Also, the auto-mode is one thing to look for as a beginner.
You may say, what about the inclusivity for men? Plus points to PMD, but Microderm Glo is not exclusive only to women. It can be used by men, too!
How to use the PMD Microderm?
Plug the device, choose the disc, screw-on cap, turn on the device, use it on the skin, and apply toner and moisturizer.
What are the side effects of microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion can cause mild tenderness, swelling, and redness. Within a few hours, most of these symptoms will go away. (2)
There you have it! Both Glo and PMD offer excellent results for your skin. But, dependent on your skin needs, your buy will change.
Microderm Glo vs PMD, which do you prefer? Let us know your thoughts down in the comment section!
- 1. Dermatology. What Is the Difference Between Male and Female Skin? [Internet]. Dermatology Associates – Savannah, GA. 2017. Available from: https://dermatologyassociatesga.com/difference-between-male-and-female-skin/
- 2. Scott JA, Banga AK. Cosmetic devices based on active transdermal technologies. Therapeutic Delivery. 2015;6:1089–99.
- 3. Personal Microderm Pro [Internet]. Pmdbeauty.com. PMD Beauty; 2020 [cited 2022 Apr 12]. Available from: https://pmdbeauty.com/product/pmd-personal-microderm-pro