If you’re looking for the best Korean BB Cream, I’ve got you covered!
BB cream is a multi-billion-dollar industry, and there are so many products in the market.
To get the right products, I tried some, read hundreds of reviews, and watched 3-5 YouTube reviews for every product to gather more information for you.
Let’s start with a quick look at our top picks, then keep reading for all the glorious details.
Don’t forget to also check our review on the best K beauty products!
CHECK: The Best K Beauty Vitamin C Serum
Best Korean BB Cream Top Picks at a Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- INIKA Certified Organic BB Cream (Best for Oily & Combination Skin)
- Erborian BB Cream (Best for Dry Skin)
- Missha M Perfect Cover BB Korean Cream (Best for Moisturization)
- Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream (For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin)
Check the table below for a side-by-side comparison of our favorites!
5 Best Korean BB Creams In-Depth Review
I love to incorporate some Korean BB cream in my skincare routine, and you know, see if I get myself that Korean glow💃.
It’s been going well so far (thanks for asking), and people are already guessing my age wrong😅.
Anyway, with all seriousness, the Best Korean BB cream has so many skin benefits, and they’re perfect even for mommies who don’t have time for long skincare routines.
Here are my best picks.
1. INIKA Certified Organic BB Cream (Best for Oily & Combination Skin)
This is the first product I’ve used from INIKA so far, and it surpassed my expectations. After reading the ingredient list, I thought to myself; this must be good. And after a few youtube videos, I was sold.
I have a lot to say about the product, but there is no way to do that without giving out its features, so let’s go all in.
This is not a good way to start this review, but the packaging isn’t anything fancy.
It’s not one of those bottles that give your display a classy look. But it locks well, and you can comfortably travel with it without worrying about spilling.
The bottle has 1oz /30 ml, which I think is fair based on the ingredients and the benefits the cream has.
Prickly pear can also prevent your skin from any damage, acne as well as reduce inflammation. It also boosts collagen production and cell regeneration.
Besides the prickly pear, other skin-friendly ingredients in the cream include avocado oil and jojoba oil, which have excellent hydrating properties.
Another great feature of the cream is that it is hypoallergenic ; it contains 80% certified organic ingredients. It’s also cruelty-free, so vegans are welcome to use it.
|It doesn’t leave your skin greasy; it soaks up in the skin, leaving your skin very fresh||It has a weird smell, kind of like paper or office supplies|
|It’s hypoallergenic, so it doesn’t trigger any allergic reactions or acne||It has no sun protection|
|It’s lightweight, so it’s very comfortable to wear when you need your skin to relax||A smidge on the pricier side (but worth it)|
|It boosts collagen production and skin regeneration, giving you a youthful look in the long run|
|It contains vitamin K, which is known for brightening the skin|
How it Compares to Others and Why
One way Inika cream stands out is that it has the highest certified organic ingredients.
It also has multiple unique ingredients that aren’t common in other BB creams, such as prickly pear, which has many skin benefits.
- Although the cream has great hydrating properties, I recommend it to people with oily skin or combination skin. But if your skin gets very dry, it’s best to try out other products on the list.
READ MORE: Do Koreans Wear BB cream?
2. Erborian BB Cream (Best for Dry Skin)
When I received my Erborian BB cream, I was so shocked.
I believe my exact words were, ‘This is the tiniest BB cream I’ve ever held in my hand.’
I went through a few minutes of regrets and feeling robbed, but all that came to an end after seeing the cream’s performance.
Here is everything you need to know about the product.
I’ll have to start by saying that the cream comes in a tiny tube, and it’s 45 ml. It gives you perfect coverage and so don’t worry, it will last long enough.
The Erborian BB Cream has many great ingredients, but I’ll only talk about the main ones, which are ginseng and licorice.
Ginseng seems to be in every Korean product and even on Korean movies – I watched a Korean guy bring her girl ginseng extract (it’s a long story).
It’s a root, and it’s harvested after 6 years! It helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes. Ginseng also deals with dullness by brightening and revitalizing your skin.
On the other hand, licorice helps prevent your face from getting dark spots and fading existing ones. It also has an active compound that disperses and removes melanin, brightening your skin.
Besides the great ingredients, the cream also has a SPF of 20.
|It’s very lightweight and comfortable to wear||It gives you a greasy feel later in the day if you have oily skin|
|It reduces the appearance of large pores and blemishes and gives you a smooth, natural look||Again, it’s just a bit pricy, but pretty in line with high-quality makeup.|
|It has a SPF of 20, which protects your skin from UV rays damage||Only three shades|
|It hydrates skin and gives you a natural glow|
|It has a pleasant scent|
How it Compares to Others and Why
The Erborian BB Cream differentiates itself from other BB creams with its great ingredient combination, which helps in preventing further skin damage while restoring the skin glow.
It also has an SPF of 20, which is a great bonus.
- Although this cream is great, it did give me a greasy feel later on in the day, but applying powder helped with the situation.
- However, this is the best Korean bb cream for dry skin because of its high moisturizing property.
3. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Korean Cream (Best for Moisturization)
I think I did my homework really well for this blog post because this is another great Asian bb cream.
The only reason this product came third is that it’s not cruelty-free. And with many brands being able to test their products in other ways, the company has a bad rep for animal testing.
So, if you are vegan, please check out my other recommendations.
As I mentioned in the introduction, the BB cream isn’t cruelty-free, which is a big turn-off for our vegan beauties.
Other than that, the cream is made of amazing ingredients that leave the skin moisturized and nourished. The ingredients include hyaluronic acid, powerful ceramides, and Gatuline RC.
It also contains botanical essences and emollient plant oils and replenishes your skin.
|The cream helps in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles||It’s not cruelty-free|
|It also moisturizes your skin and leaves it glowing||For older people, some complain that it settles into lines and makes them more visible.|
|The botanical essences in the cream help in correcting the skin tone|
|It has an SPF of 42 PA+++|
How it Compares to Others and Why
Unlike other BB creams, Missha BB cream isn’t cruelty-free. And yeah, I know this is like the third time I’m mentioning it. I hope they can finally find other ways to test their products to accommodate vegans.
However, it also standouts because it has a SPF of 42 PA+++.
- The cream is best for fair skin complexion and those looking for a perfect BB cream with SPF.
- It’s also a great choice for those looking to reduce blemishes and wrinkles or correct skin tone.
- Also, be sure to choose the right shade for your skin type because they have different shades for different skin tones.
- FLAWLESS COVERAGE: Smoothly conceals imperfections, balances skin tone, and visibly smooths complexion for a youthfully perfected look.
- DEWY & MOISTURIZING: Keeps your skin hydrated and soft with powerful ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and Gatuline RC.
- NATURALLY CONDITIONING: Infused with nourishing botanical essences, emollient plant oils, and nutrient-rich marine extracts to replenish the look and feel of skin.
- GATULINE RC, HYALURONIC ACID, CERAMID: Help infuse moisture for firmer-looking skin with reduction in appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- ROSEMARY & CHAMOMILE EXTRACTS: Fragrant herbal botanicals that help the complexion appear calm and balanced.
READ MORE: Why is Korean Skincare so Popular?
4. Pacifica Beauty Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream (Best for Fair Skin)
Do you have very fair skin, and every BB cream you apply gives you an orange look?
Pretty annoying, huh?
Well, you know I love to cater to all my beauties, so this is for you.
I must mention that after you apply the cream, you’ll go through a ‘Daemn it Sylvia, you played me phase!’ where the cream doesn’t seem to blend in with your skin. Just give it a few minutes to do its thing.
The cream contains coconut water, which does a great job in improving skin elasticity, reducing wrinkle appearance, and increasing the blood flow to the skin.
This is also crucial if you’re trying to heal your skin from sun damage.
Another great ingredient in the cream is the plant stem cells, which boosts collagen production, lowers the risk of skin cancer, and improves skin texture and appearance.
It also contains hyalunonic acid which reduces the signs of aging. .
|It keeps even flaky skin hydrated and moisturized||It doesn’t have SPF|
|Vegan and cruelty-free||It’s a bit on the oilier side|
|It illuminates your skin|
|It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes|
How it Compares to Others and Why
If you’re looking for something with a very natural “barely there” tint, this is it for you. The cream doesn’t look cakey at all and blends really well into your skin.
- This is a great cream for a person with fair skin and struggles in getting a cream that doesn’t give them an orange look.
- It also doesn’t irritate the skin, so it’s a good choice even for people with sensitive skin.
- This light fluid formula gives you a dewy, radiant bare-faced finish.
- A true multitasker that hydrates, primes, illuminates, and perfects skin with a sheer finish.
- It’s a Infused with coconut water, hyalunonic acid and plant stem cells.
- A helping diminish the appearance of pores, fine lines, and uneven tone.
- A 100% Vegan & Cruelty-free formula suitable for all skin type.
5. Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream (Best for Oily & Acne-Prone Skin)
If you’ve read any of my Korean beauty reviews, you know Holika Holika is among the Korean beauty companies I’m obsessed with.
And that’s because they honestly never let me down. Their BB cream worked very well with my oily skin, and it never triggered any acne, which is always a bonus.
One of the best features of the cream is the marine jelly, which is a mixture of several plant extracts that contain collagen.
Another great ingredient is peppermint which soothes irritated skin and gives you a calming effect. Peppermint also reduces acne scars and controls sebum, which makes the cream suitable for oily skin.
It’s also worth mentioning that the cream contains aloe vera, which plays so many roles in skincare, including healing damaged skin and protecting the skin from UV rays.
|It has a soothing effect that helps in calming irritated skin||It doesn’t offer sun protection|
|It contains hyaluronic acid, which has amazing moisturizing powers||Not great for really dry skin|
|It doesn’t leave you feeling greasy||Some don’t like the jelly-like consistency|
|It repairs damaged skin leaving you with a healthy skin|
|It’s a lightweight cream, which is comfortable to wear|
|It has anti-aging properties|
How it Compares to Others and Why
The cream stands out from the crowd due to its marine jelly complex that helps give the skin a youthful look by repairing it.
- This cream is great for those with oily or combination skin types. It doesn’t leave you feeling greasy. If you have acne-prone skin ,no worries, this cream doesn’t cause irritation or trigger acne.
- Holika holika aqua petti jelly bb cream 40ml #2
- Take an appropriate amount with spatula and evenly spread onto facial skin by patting gently
- Mint water hydrates facial skin and marine jelly complex makes soft and bouncy skin
Korean BB Cream FAQs
Here are common questions people ask about Korean bb creams.
How do you use Korean BB Cream?
You can use the Korean BB cream as a moisturizer if the cream has high moisturizing properties or you have oily skin. If you want to follow the whole skincare routine, apply the BB cream after your moisturizer or serum. Ensure your fingers are clean before application to avoid any skin infections.
Is it OK to use BB cream every day?
Yes, many Korean bb creams have powerful skin ingredients, and they’re safe to use daily. If you notice your skin breaking or you simply want to take a break from makeup, it’s okay to apply the Korean bb cream alone. The BB creams contain great ingredients that keep your skin nourished and moisturized.
I love Korean BB creams because they feel like an entire skin routine. If you’re having a lazy day, and you simply cleanse your face and apply bb cream, then you’re good to go.
That’s why I recommend it to anyone who finds the 10-step daily beauty routines daunting. Or busy moms who barely have time for any self-care routines.
I hope my best Korean bb cream review gave you an idea of what kind of bb cream is best for your skin.
Why are you looking for a Korean BB Cream? What do you want to accomplish?
Our Final Recommendation
- “31 Benefits of Prickly Pear Fruit for Skin, Hair & Health.” 2013. STYLECRAZE. September 21, 2013. https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-prickly-pear-for-skin-hair-and-health/.
- “Red Ginseng Benefits for Skin – Kiehl’s.” n.d. Kiehl’s – Naturally Inspired Skin Care, Body and Haircare. Accessed June 22, 2021. https://www.kiehls.com/skincare-advice/red-ginseng-benefits-for-skin.html.
- us.facetheory.com. n.d. “TEN REASONS WHY LIQUORICE IS GREAT for SKIN.” Us.facetheory.com. Accessed June 22, 2021. https://us.facetheory.com/blogs/news/10-reasons-why-licquorice-is-great-for-skin.
What is your favorite best Korean BB cream? Have you tried using one? Please share your experience with us below!