Searching for the best body wash for dry skin?
As someone with parched pores myself, I’ve been there, too.
I spent months researching EVERY option imaginable and came up with a list of 17 perfect picks (so I can swap them out sometimes and not get bored).
Let’s start with a quick look at my all-time favorites, then keep reading for all the glorious details.
Body Wash for Dry Skin Top Picks at Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Goat Milk Soap (Winner)
- Dove Dryness Relief Body Wash with Jojoba Oil
- Petit Bijou Cotton Snow Soft Body Wash
- OGX Extra Creamy + Coconut Miracle Oil Ultra Moisture Body Wash
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Body Wash
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
17 Best Body Washes For Dry Skin – Top Picks Reviewed
From top names like Dove to small-batch soaps from Etsy, I’ve included a huge variety of options for you below. Let’s dive in!
#1 Goat Milk Soap (Winner)
Goat milk is SO good for your skin!  Using it will leave your skin feeling nourished, smooth and silky.
A perfect moisturizing liquid, this product is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive, dry and itchy skin.
Its key ingredient is goat milk, which is a known moisturizer thanks to its high fat. Selenium, which is good for preventing sun damage from sunlight, is also present. 
The product also contains coconut and sunflower oil, both of which aids in removing flaky skin. Their antibacterial properties give a fresh and clean touch to the skin. It comes in 8 oz pump bottles.
You can even check out the best antibacterial body soap reviews.
|Lovely Patchouli scent.||Slightly more expensive since it is handcrafted.|
|It softens and heals dry skin.||Not ideal for oily skin.|
|It’s rich in Selenium and Vitamin A.|
How it Compares to Others
The pH of goat milk is the same as that of human skin. As a result, using a goat milk cleanser does not disrupt the microbiome that is naturally found on human skin.
Goat milk includes fatty acids that aid in skin barrier repair, lactic acid, and vitamin A that aids in gentle exfoliation.
Apply a generous amount of this body wash to your loofah or fingers and then to your wet body. After showering, use the Goat Milk Body Lotion for a more luxurious experience.
To get a better of the product, take a look at this Etsy review by Lila. “Amazing body wash! It makes such a huge difference in my skin! It cleans the skin and heals it without drying it out- really a magnificent product!!! pairs perfectly with the body lotion! Thank you so much for making it (:.”
#2 Dove Dryness Relief Body Wash with Jojoba Oil: Best Big Brand for Dryness Relief
Each skin type requires special care, and dry skin is no exception. Dove Dry Oil Moisture Wash is a perfect option for those looking to nourish and protect their skin from parched skin.
It contains Jojoba Oil, best known for its moisture-locking ability. 
The gentle cleanser features Dove’s Nutrium Moisture technology, which feels gentle to the skin’s microbiome, preventing dryness after just one shower and restoring moisture.
The product comes in a 650mL Bottle.
|Affordable and easy to find||Not moisturizing enough for people with psoriasis or eczema|
|It lathers well and lasts longer than a soap bar.|
Check out this video to learn more:
- Out of Hand Soap? Dove Dryness Relief Body Wash is Just As Effective for Cleaning Hands!
- This sulfate free body wash uses 100% gentle cleansers, making it a great body wash for dry skin.
- Dove body wash is the #1 dermatologist recommended moisturizing body wash.
- Mild and pH-balanced, this cruelty free body wash helps maintain your skin's natural moisture barrier as you cleanse.
- Formulated with Dove's NutriumMoisture technology, this hydrating body wash delivers skin natural nutrients, so your skin feels more moisturized than with body soap.
#3 Dove Glowing Body Wash Moisturizes for Radiant Skin Mango Butter and Almond Butter Moisturizing: Best For Radiant Skin
This budget-friendly soothing body wash makes use of Moisture Renew Blend, combining plant-based moisturizers with skin-natural nourishers to keep your skin hydrated.
A combination of mango butter and almond butter works effectively to revitalize the skin, rendering a glowing effect.
The vitamins in mango butter contain antioxidants, which effectively prevent cell damage and are good for skin in general. 
The formula has glycerine and natural lipids that are absorbed deeply, resulting in radiant skin.
|PETA-certified cruelty-free and comes in 100% recycled plastic bottles.||The scent combination might be overwhelming for some.|
|It is quite rich in texture.|
- MOISTURIZES FOR RADIANT SKIN: Dove Glowing Body Wash combines Moisture Renew Blend with nourishing mango butter and almond butter to reveal radiant skin, unlike ordinary body soap or shower soap
- MILD AND PH-BALANCED: Dove Mango Butter Body Wash includes Moisture Renew Blend—a combination of skin-natural nourishers and plant-based moisturizers that absorb deeply into the top layers of skin
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED BODY WASH: Infused with mango butter and almond butter, the formula wraps you up in a deliciously fruity scent to give you a true moment of pampering with every use
- THOUGHTFULLY MADE: This body wash is PETA-certified cruelty-free and made in 100% recycled plastic bottles so you can feel good about switching from shower soap to Dove
- PLANT-BASED MOISTURIZER: Naturally derived cleansers and skin-natural nutrients, Dove Glowing Body Wash is microbiome gentle, so you’ll feel beautifully nourished while maintaining healthy skin
#4 Petit Bijou Cotton Snow Soft Body Wash:Best for Stressed Body
The Petit Bijou Cotton Snow Body Wash contains Aloe Vera, Ivy and chamomile flower extract, milk protein, and lavender.
The best body wash for dry sensitive skin is sulfate-free, paraben-free, soap-free, dye-free, and alcohol-free, and it moisturizes even sensitive skin.
The gentle body wash features a light baby powder scent that helps calm down the stressed body. Besides, check reviews on the best soap to use for sensitive skin too.
It comes in a 300 ml bottle with a huge pump and cute packaging.
|It smells like baby powder.||It might not be very effective on extremely dehydrated skin.|
Check it out in the video below:
#5 OGX Extra Creamy + Coconut Miracle Oil Ultra Moisture Body Wash: Best Coconut Oil Wash
This ultra-hydrating body lotion is enriched with coconut oil, the essence of Tiare and vanilla bean extracts. It’s perfect for those who’re looking for the ultimate hydrating experience.
Vanilla extracts have anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, which are good for the skin.
While the coconut oil bolsters the skin’s protective layer, locking moisture within and keeping it soft and supple. It comes in a 19.5 fl. oz bottle.
|The Tiare essence smooths out the coconut oil, giving it a well-balanced, sophisticated fragrance.||The lotion is thick and takes a while for the skin to absorb.|
See it in action below:
- MOISTURIZING BODY WASH: Envelop your body in moisture with this creamy, ultra-hydrating blend. Massage generously all over body in the shower. For best results exfoliate with OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Polishing Body Scrub and follow with Miracle Oil Lotion.
- INDULGE YOUR SENSES with this ultra-hydrating blend from our Extra Creamy + Coconut Collection, enriched with coconut oil, essence of tiare & vanilla bean extract. Restore moisture to the driest skin with this fast-absorbing, rich & creamy tropical blend.Cruelty free
- OGX BODY: Let OGX help your skin find the nourishment and hydration it craves with our body washes, exfoliating scrubs, body oils, and lotions. OGX skin is glowing, refreshed, and oh so touchable. Explore our collections to find your perfect OGX body.
- LOVE YOUR SKIN: We’ll never ask what you want to “fix” about your skin. Whether you have oily skin, normal skin, dry skin, or combination skin, we just want to know what you love about it, so we can make you love it even more with OGX skin care products.
- REAL QUALITY, REAL BEAUTY: Unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does. OGX hair & skin care product collections are here to help you look your best! We’re beauty, pure & simple.
#6 Dove Dry Skin Relief Gentle Cleansing Body Wash: Best for Psoriasis
This moisturizing shower cream gel is best suited for those with extremely dry skin.
The body wash has a unique blend of lipids and plant-based ingredients, combined with mild cleansing agents. It’s perfect to soothe itchiness and relieve the skin from severe dryness.
It is medically tested to be hypoallergenic and even works against mild psoriasis.
Its soap-free formula helps to gently remove skin impurities and nourishes it 10x more than the usual body wash. The lotion is sold in 15.8 fl. oz bottles.
|Rich and luxurious lather that doesn’t dry out the skin.||It contains Phenoxyethanol which may be an irritant for some people.|
|Known to help reduce eczema flares.|
See it below compared to Aveeno:
- Caring, mild body wash for itchy skin that’s severely dry
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and soap-free body wash
- Top to toe expertise for severely dry skin
- 10x more nourishing than a regular body wash
- Mild body wash for dry skin, tested with dermatologists
#7 Eucerin AtoControl Bath and Shower Oil:Best For Anti Inflammation and Redness
The AtoControl Bath and Shower oil are designed to work on dry skins by alleviating irritation and itchiness.
It contains Castor Oil which supports the natural moisture barrier by dissolving dirt lingering on the skin’s surface. 
It’s fragrance-free and easily absorbed by the skin thanks to its enriching ingredients that leave the skin comfortable after use.
Additionally, its Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils prevent inflammation and redness.
Its soap-free formula treats the skin during flare-ups and is especially suited for those suffering from Atopic Dermatitis. It comes in 13.5 fl. oz bottles.
|It provides long-lasting moisture.||Consistency is thick and requires some effort.|
|Delicate enough for children and babies of over 3 months.|
Check out this video review below for more:
#8 KORRES Guava Renewing Body Cleanser:Best for Supple Skin
This shower contains the best natural ingredients in activated aloe extract and wheat proteins.
The amazing ingredients are known to provide the skin with amino acids and high glutamine levels that helps keep the skin moisturized.
Also, the marshmallow root helps retain the natural moisture level for extended periods and results in younger-looking, supple skin.
It is sulfate and paraben-free, and also Polyethylene glycol (PEG) free. The product is dermatologically tested and comes in 8.45 fl. oz / 250 mL recyclable bottles.
|Made completely out of natural ingredients||Some may not be very fond of the smell.|
|It makes skin feel like velvet|
Check out the review below for more:
- COMMITTED TO YOUR SKIN AND THE ENVIRONMENT - From supporting an ecosystem of family farms, purifying our own water, and using recyclable packaging, we believe in innovative green science that respects nature and uncovers the limitless potential of Greek botanicals
- A SEED TO SKIN ETHOS - Our mission is to harvest the most potent Greek botanicals, harnessing their power through technology to unlock the best formula that works in perfect harmony with your skin to deliver transformative beauty, bringing out your inner Greek goddess.
#9 Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Body Wash: Best For Reducing Wrinkles
This body wash has Shea Butter as its key ingredient, which replenishes the moisture deep below the dermal level.
Other important ingredients include Frankincense and Myrrh extracts which help balance the tone while reducing the appearance of wrinkles on the skin.
It is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that repair and rejuvenate your dull-looking skin.
It is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive ones, due to its nutrient-rich treatment. It comes in 384 mL/12.9 fl oz bottles.
|Luxury softness.||Some say it’s watered down now that the product is owned by a new company|
|Great value for money.|
Check out the review below to learn more:
- Formulated with Raw Shea butter, Frankincense and Myrrh, this SheaMoisture body wash calms and revitalizes dull looking dry skin while leaving skin soft, silky and beautifully hydrated
- This moisturizing body wash formula creates a symphony of aromas while moisturizing skin with nourishing ingredients that leave skin soft and smooth
- SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Body Soap is the perfect body wash for dry skin and extra dry skin
- Apply this body wash to washcloth or hands to cleanse entire body or add a capful of this shower gel to warm water to create a spa bath
- This body wash is formulated with Fair Trade Shea Butter for skin
#10 Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Body Wash:Best For Restoring Dry Skin
Designed specifically for dry skins, Aveeno Moisturizing Body Wash is proven to improve the health of your dry skin in 1 day.
It is fortified with the key ingredient Shea Butter, It works best to help prevent and protect dry skin throughout the day.
It also contains a naturally active Triple Oat Complex, which offers superior hydration whilst helping the skin restore its natural protective barrier.
You can also try the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion for extra hydration after your shower!
The body wash is dermatologically tested and is gentle for everyday usage. It comes in 500 ml per bottle.
|Melts away impurities and dirt.||Price is on the higher spectrum.|
|It provides long-lasting comfort.|
Check out this honest review below for more:
#11 Cetaphil PRO Moisture-Lipid Body Wash:Best For Eczema-Prone Skin
Cetaphil PRO Moisture-Lipid Body lotion is a creamy wash. It is dermatologically proven to provide non-irritating cleansing. It’s great for dry and sensitive skin types.
Key ingredients include Shea butter and niacinamide that nourishes the skin deeply while giving it a soft and supple feel.
The stand-out factor of this body wash is that it supports the skin’s natural barrier while providing long-lasting relief from dryness and eczema-prone skin.
It is fragrance and soap-free, besides being hypoallergenic. It’s suitable for all ages, including infants.
|Long-lasting hydration.||The product has an overwhelming odor.|
|Suitable for people with eczema.|
Check out this video review:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IN THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY, including Pediatricians and Dermatologists. Received Seal of Acceptance from the Eczema Society of Canada as accepted choice for people with sensitive skin.
- ONE PRODUCT FOR THE ENTIRE BODY & FAMILY to provide non-greasy, long-lasting hydration
- ADVANCED CERAMIDE AND FILAGGRIN TECHNOLOGY to replenish skin’s natural oils and to provide long-lasting hydration
- NON-IRRITATING, FRAGRANCE-FREE, NON-ALLERGENIC
- RICH AND MOISTURIZING BUT NON-GREASY TEXTURE. Suitable to use in children 3 months of age and older
#12 Milk + Honey Body Wash Nº 16: Best for Aging Dry Skin
This body wash is an aromatic blend of Pink Grapefruit, Bergamot and Cardamom.
These vitamin-rich ingredients help to even out skin tone and act as natural stringent, It’s the best soap to prevent acne and flare-ups.
This product is made with organic castile soap, which is a versatile vegetable-based soap made free of animal fats and synthetic ingredients.
It is SLS-free and paraben-free, which makes it suitable for all skin types. No wonder it’s the best body wash for aging dry skin.
This product has a creamy formula that’s gentle to the skin and uplifting. It comes in 155 mL/ 12 fl oz bottles.
|It’s lightweight and smells great.||It is not pocket-friendly.|
Check out this review by Amanda G. on the milk+honey website “I love the smell! It makes my skin smell and feel fabulous! I’m so glad they finally did a refill pouch, I just wish it wasn’t so darn expensive! Please don’t EVER get rid of this product! ✨??”
#13 Aleavia Body Cleanse: Best For Reducing Fresh Burns and Scars
This soothing body wash contains a unique prebiotic formula that stabilizes the skin’s pH levels.
It includes Acadian Sea kelp, ultra-hydrating organic extra-virgin coconut oil, and pure aloe vera, all of which combine together to help gently remove dirt and excess oil.
Aleavia Body Cleanse is gentle yet thorough and is formulated to remove dead skin cells while also allowing your skin to breathe.
This body wash not only helps clean and moisturize your skin, but it will also actively help reduce fresh burns and scars and eliminate body eczema, keratosis and psoriasis.
It comes in 473 mL/ 16 fl oz bottles.
|Gluten and cruelty-free.||Lacks consistency and produces less foam/lather.|
Check out this review:
#14 HoliFrog Kissimmee Vitamin F Therapy Balmy Wash: Best For Preventing Moisture Loss
Whether you have chronically dry skin, or a combination one, try HoliFrog’s Kissimmee Vitamin F Therapy Balmy Face Wash.
It comes formulated with natural ingredients such as nourishing antioxidants and jojoba, which nourishes your skin while also dissolving daily grime and makeup.
It is a waterless balmy wash that contains Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), which is critical in promoting cell turnover and regeneration.
Moringa Seed Oil is another key ingredient that contains several antioxidants, including quercetin and vitamins A, C, and E.
These components replenish skin and help prevent moisture loss. The product comes in 2.5 fl. oz tubes.
|Non-foaming balm formula.||Too thick for normal skin|
Take a look at this amazing video review:
#15 Head to Toe Body Wash with Goat Milk: Best For All Skin Types
LittleProvison’s liquid goat milk soap is soft and lathery. Besides being a good source of lactic acid, goat milk contains fatty acids, probiotics and vitamin A.
These combine together to repair the skin barrier, encourage the growth of skin flora and help in gentle exfoliation.
The product is organic and contains unrefined oil, making it suitable for all skin types, infants included. The product comes in 12 fl oz pump bottles and in 12 different scents.
|Suitable for eczema skin.||Some scents like coconut and vanilla contain artificial fragrances.|
|Products are handmade.|
Here is a review by Amanda Cox on Etsy “Smells so so good! bathed my baby and the entire house smelled of lavender. 10/10. In Love with it.”
#16 Sea Moss Body Wash: Best Restorative Body Wash
Infused with organic and wildcrafted sea moss, Strebors Bath and Body wash is the perfect product for an amazing skin-care routine.
Full of minerals and collagen, Sea Moss body wash is lightweight and silky, gentle on your skin and suitable for all skin types.
It is a restorative body wash that lathers away impurities while also nourishing your dry skin thanks to its natural ingredients.
It comes in different variants of 9 fl oz/ 266 mL bottles, suitable for both men and women.
|Infused with Organic Sea Moss||Not very effective on extremely damaged skin.|
|Packed with Carrageenan, Collagen and Minerals|
You can also take a look at reviewer Kalyn Ulbric comment on Etsy. “I bought the cucumber melon body wash and soap. I finally got to use them.. And I absolutely fell in Love!!! It smells AMAZING and felt wonderful to use.”
#17 Ameliorate Nourishing Body Wash:Best Moisturizing Body Wash
This particular body wash by Ameliorate doesn’t dry out your skin. Its cleansing properties are non-aggressive.
It boasts its trademark LaH6 Skin Hydration Complex that amply moisturizes, softens, and gently cleanses your dry skin. The ingredients include Omega oils sourced from Camelina and Starflower.
|Comfortable, smoother, and softer skin.||Not enough lather, according to some.|
|Effective for all skin types.|
Check it out in action below!
What to Look for When Buying Best Body Washes for Dry Skin
Now that you have a good idea of my favorites, let’s talk about how I chose them in the first place! Here’s what I always look for when I’m shopping for my dry skin.
Moisturizing and Hydrating
Since you have dry skin, stay away from products that will make your skin even drier. That includes things like harsh artificial fragrances, alcohol-based cleansers, and retinoids. 
After your bath, I recommend finishing off with a moisturizing cream. That will pack the hydration within the surface of your skin.
Products That Over-Exfoliate Your Skin Are A Big No
Make sure that you do not scrub your skin too much while exfoliating in the shower. Be gentle with your dry skin. 
If you didn’t know, even washcloths, certain loofahs, and sponges could turn out to be very harsh for your skin. The abrasiveness of these materials can break the barrier of the skin.
So in case you have irritated and dry skin but wish to exfoliate, I strongly suggest you employ a body wash with minimal exfoliating properties.
A ph-balanced Body Wash is a Must
A body wash with the correct pH is crucial for your dry skin. Not only does it seal the moisture within your skin, but it also doesn’t compromise the barrier of the skin.
The pH of the body wash should ideally be around 5.0, which is the natural pH of your skin.
Is it OK to use body wash every day?
As I stated earlier, whether or not you choose to bathe every day, ensure you’re using a pH-balanced body wash. It’ll gently cleanse and moisturize your skin.
So as long as you’re keeping this in mind, it should be fine to use body wash every day.
What is better body wash or soap?
If you have flaky, stripped, and dry skin, I’d recommend sticking to body wash instead of soap. That’s because body wash has ingredients that are hydrating and will coat and pack moisture within your dry skin.
How long does body wash last?
For those of you who shower around two to three times in one week, a 200ml bottle of body wash should last you about two months.
Also, in case you weren’t aware, yes, body wash does come with an expiration date.
Closing Thoughts & Final Recommendation
With that, I conclude this guide on the top 17 best body washes for dry skin! I’m pretty sure you’re going to love my top pick, although the rest are amazing, too!
In the end, every skin has its own needs and requirements, and you deserve that simply flawless, glowing skin.
- 1. Timmons J (2021) Three Reasons Goat Milk is the Secret Ingredient Your Skin Needs. In: Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skincare/goat-milk-skin-care. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 2. (2020) Office of Dietary Supplements – Selenium. In: Nih.gov. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Selenium-healthprofessional/. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 3. WebMD Editorial Contributors (2020) Health Benefits of Jojoba Oil. In: WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-jojoba-oil#1. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 4. WebMD Editorial Contributors (2020) Health Benefits of Mango Butter. In: WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-mango-butter#1. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 5. Corinne O’Keefe Osborn (2018) Can You Use Castor Oil on Your Face? In: Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/castor-oil-for-face. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 6. (2021) Dermatologists’ top tips for relieving dry skin. In: Aad.org. https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/skin-care-basics/dry/dermatologists-tips-relieve-dry-skin#:~:text=Some%20skin%20care%20products%2C%20such%20as%20deodorant%20soaps%2C,ingredients.%20These%20chemicals%20can%20irritate%20dry%2C%20sensitive%20skin.. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 7. Bottone EJ, Perez AA, Oeser JL (1994) Loofah sponges as reservoirs and vehicles in the transmission of potentially pathogenic bacterial species to human skin. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 32:469–472. https://doi.org/10.1128/jcm.32.2.469-472.1994
What is your favorite best body wash for dry skin? Let us know in the comments below!