Do you know about the benefits of Kaolin clay for skin and how to really reap those rewards?
Kaolin Clay really is one of the best facial cleansers available!
In fact, before we had all the new and modern products for it, most people used to have it as a base product in their beauty routines.
It’s got a lot of amazing properties, and after you read this, you may want to go ahead and start using it on a regular basis.
What is Kaolin Clay?
Before we can talk about the benefits of Kaolin clay, it helps to know what it is.
As WebMD explains, it’s ” a type of clay found in nature. It can also be made in a laboratory. People use it to make medicine.”
Wow, vague much, WebMD? It’s a clay? You don’t say! Hmmm, let’s see what others have to say about it.
Over on The Healing Clay, they got a little more in-depth, explaining that it comes from a mineral called kaolinite.
They go on to explain that it’s a “layered silicate clay mineral formed due to chemical weathering of an aluminum silicate mineral like feldspar.”
Related: 6 AMAZING RHASSOUL CLAY BENEFITS FOR YOUR HAIR & SKIN
Benefits of Kaolin Clay
Okay, now that we have a better idea of what it is, let’s talk benefits.
Besides being an incredible cleanser that really helps lift dirt and oil out of your pores, Kaolin clay has many other benefits for your skin.
Let’s look at just a few of them, then we’ll talk about how to use it in your beauty routine.
1. Balances your skin’s oil levels
Many people who have combination skin problems turned to Kaolin clay at one point, and for good reason. It’s amazing for oily or dry skin, making everything feel natural.
Related: Toner Recipes
2. Fights acne
Because of the deep cleansing properties, Kaolin clay can help fight acne. It will remove all the impurities from your face, and will also deep clean your pores.
3. Calms irritated skin
Allergens are all around us, from small dust particles to very harsh beauty products.
However, a simple Kaolin clay mask will soothe your face, removing the redness, and giving you a fresh look. On top of that, you can apply it to any insect bite to relieve itchiness.
4. Improves skin elasticity
Kaolin clay is amazing to improve your skin’s elasticity and keep your skin younger for a longer time.
5. Two-in-one benefits
I love when a product works on more than one body part. Definitely helps me save money!
Kaolin clay not only makes a great face mask, but you can use the same mask for your hair!
Related: Kaolin Clay for Hair
It has the same basic purification and dirt-lifting benefits on your scalp as it does on your face.
Heck, use it all over your body, from head to toe!
Kaolin Clay Face Masks
Now that you know the benefits of Kaolin clay can do, it’s time to take a look at some face masks you can prepare using it.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Related: Kaolin Clay Face Masks
Anti Aging Matcha Kaolin Clay Mask
Since Kaolin clay has impressive anti-aging properties, you can use it to make a mask for yourself. It will remove the fine wrinkles, and your skin will look incredible. Matcha has antioxidizing properties, so it will protect your skin from any harmful allergens.
For this recipe, you need:
- ¼ teaspoon of Matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon of Kaolin clay
- ½ teaspoon of Bentonite Clay
- ¼ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- one teaspoon of water.
Simply mix everything together in a bowl, and leave it on your face until it begins to harden.
When you’re done, rinse it off with warm water, and then rinse again with cold water to close your pores.
Avocado and Kaolin Clay Face Mask
While avocado will minimize the risk of an acne breakout, Kaolin clay will deep clean your pores, so all the impurities are removed.
On top of that, both of them will help your scars heal a lot faster.
To make this mask you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of Kaolin clay
- one teaspoon of mashed avocado
- and 3 tablespoons of rosewater.
Apply it on your face, and leave it there until it starts to dry. When you’re done, rinse it off with warm water, and then clean your face with a cold water towel in order to close the pores.
Aloe vera and Kaolin Clay Face Mask
The aloe vera and Kaolin clay combo is amazing when it comes to moisturizing and repairing your skin.
It will help all your acne wounds heal, and maintain your skin as beautiful as possible.
You can make this mark by mixing:
- 2 tablespoons of Kaolin clay
- with 1 teaspoon of honey.
It’s super easy and incredibly effective. Leave it on your face for about 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with cold water.
Where to Buy Kaolin Clay
If you’re looking to buy Kaolin clay and make your own masks, then Amazon is the way.
This is a very good option, and you’ll have enough clay for a few months. Just remember to seal the bag after every use, as the moisture can harden it.
- Kaolin Clay was originally found in Kaoling Hill in China. Kaolin Clay is one of the most gentle among all Clays used in Skin Care.
- Kaolin clay stimulates your skin cells. When used regularly, it brightens and tones your skin. However, you will not see immediate effects. You need to to use it for a long time before you see any results. Kaolin Clay is most suitable for people with Sensitive Skin.
- KAOLIN CLAY & APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FACE MASK: Mix 1 TbSp Kaolin Clay, 2 TbSp Apple Cider Vineger and 1 or 2 Drops of Frankincense Oil in a bowl. Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding the eye area. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes or until it dries. Wash with warm water and then with cold water. Apply a face moisturizer.
- KAOLIN CLAY & HONEY FACE MASK: Mix 2 TeaSp Kaolin Clay, 1 Tea Sp Honey and 1 TableSpoon Rose Water in a bowl. Spread the mixture on your face avoiding the eye area. Allow it to dry for 10 minutes. Wash with warm water and then splash your face with cold water.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - We are passionate about our products and put the highest emphasis on quality. We are confident that you will love our Fuller's Earth Powder. For any reason, if you are not happy with the purchase, just send us a message and we will refund your full payment without any questions or conditions or returns.
Since it’s almost impossible to find simple kaolin clay masks, you may want to prepare them yourself.
What’s important to keep in mind is that if you don’t keep them in an air-tight container, they can dry up or develop mold. It’s best if you only make one mask at a time.
Kaolin clay has incredible benefits for your skin, and it should be a part of your beauty routine!
Related: 6 Amazing Rhassoul Clay Masks for Skin & Hair Care (DIY and Buy)