Do you have scar tissues or experience muscle pain?
Have you ever considered what Frequency-Specific Microcurrent therapy is, and if it is effective for relief? This can be immensely beneficial to your health.
Continue reading as I discuss, in detail, the therapy, its benefits, and any risks involved.
Check: Best Microcurrent Facial Machines
What is FSM Therapy?
Frequency-Specific Microcurrent (FSM) therapy or FSM therapy is a new and emerging technology to treat several health conditions. 
A small electrical current is applied to the skin, which is microampere magnitude. A pair of frequencies are used to apply this current via moistened towels, graphite electrodes, or conductive graphite gloves.
It is helpful against various conditions like:
- – Chronic fatigue,
- – Neuropathic pain,
- – Shoulder pain,
- – Nerve and Neck pain,
- – Joint and kidney stone pain,
- – Chronic pain.
- – It can also prove to be beneficial against sports injuries and fibromyalgia.
When the correct frequency combinations and placement of the conductor are done, the therapy has been shown to lead to softening tissues.
Moreover, the softening of tissue is into the skeletal muscles and not just into the epidermal layers. This essentially means it provides in-depth relief from pain and not just a temporary surface-level solution.
How Does Frequency-Specific Microcurrent work?
Muscle tissues become firm due to underlying conditions which becomes a habitat for generating pain.
FSM is a manner of relieving pain and increasing ATP production by passing a small microcurrent which is one-millionth of an ampere.
FSM works by releasing microcurrents into the skin, relieving muscle tension and subsequently softening the tissue.
Applying the proper frequency combinations to the skin creates warmth and reduces localized muscle tension. This is how muscles are softened and pain is alleviated by FSM.
Here’s a great video explaining why you should know how to use it:
How to Use Frequency Specific Microcurrent Device?
To use FSM by a professional would not require any prescription for it to be facilitated.
However, to use an FSM device at home, you’ll need it to be prescribed by a medical practitioner.  This will enable you to receive the correct programmable microcurrent stimulator for your specific health concern.
These professional microcurrent machines, upon prescription, can be rented or bought, and you can take them to your home.
Purchasing one with a display will be helpful when you’re operating it.
RECOMMENDED ARTICLE: Nuovaluce Reviews
Steps to Follow to Use an FSM Machine:
- Wet the towel in lukewarm water, make sure to wring the towel well so that it is not dripping wet.
- Wrap the conductive gloves with the towels
- Put the towels in the specific body part you want treatment for.
- Connect the wires sticking out from the gloves to the machine, make sure to connect the positive lead (primarily red) to the positive terminal and the negative one to the negative terminal.
- Choose one of the protocols given in the list and press start
- Press the ‘pause’ or ‘stop’ button during or after the procedure
Instead of a towel, you can use an adhesive pad and place them on your specific body part. Moreover, remember to stay appropriately hydrated two hours before the treatment.
Proper hydration increases the effectiveness of the treatment.
Check out this video for an actual demo:
What Are the Frequency-Specific Microcurrent Side Effects?
There are minimal side effects associated with FSM therapy, and they appear in very few patients.  These can appear an hour after the procedure and last up to the next 24-hours.
They usually subside by themselves or on proper hydration. Some of the side effects can include:
- Increase in pain (uncommon)
How Much Does FSM Therapy Cost?
One FSM therapy session can cost anything from $75 to $100 depending on several factors, including your medical practitioner’s experience and the city you live in.
This charge may or may not include the cost of the towels.
Is FSM Therapy Safe?
Yes, FSM therapy is very safe.  The current used is minuscule and is mainly harmless to the patients.
The human body can produce currents of this magnitude, and this process tries to treat clinical conditions through the effects of frequencies on tissues.
Microcurrent device before and after being used on a body part can significantly relieve pain.
Is microcurrent the same as TENS?
TENS devices deliver currents that are in the range of milliamperes.  Microcurrents are 1/1000 times that provided by TENS devices.
How many microcurrents are needed?
That can vary from person to person.  An accurate diagnosis of this can only be made once you have been through your first session.
Further action is taken on how your body reacts to the first session.
Are FSM therapy results permanent?
Patients respond individually to the therapy, but the changes to the muscle seem long-lasting.  Around 60-80% of the patients feel the effect last over the next 4-5days, which is the duration for the next session.
What conditions can be treated with FSM?
In general, FSM is used to treat chronic pain and inflammation due to any following conditions. 
– Neuropathic pain
– Myofascial pain
– Diabetic Neuropathy
Are there any situations in which Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM) should not be used?
Although the current is too small to cause any damage but In in the following cases, FSM should not be used, at least without consulting your doctor;
– People with pacemakers
– Pregnant women
– People with implanted pumps
Is frequency-specific microcurrent (FSM ) painful?
No, it is not painful. Using the FSM device would feel similar to having an ultrasonic skin scrubber on your skin. Read ultrasonic skin scrubber reviews here.
FSM therapy is a painless, cost-effective, and non-invasive treatment method. If you haven’t had success with other methods, you can opt for this after properly diagnosing your medical conditions.
It is highly effective against musculoskeletal injuries of any form. It is safe and has no significant side effects.
It is better to undergo the procedure from a licensed medical practitioner and if you want to do it at home by yourself, be sure to get a prescription for it.
Disclaimer: no treatment is 100% effective, and FSM is no different and cannot guarantee such.
- 1. Frequency-Specific Microcurrent: What Is It, Procedure Details & Risks [Internet]. Cleveland Clinic. [cited 2022 Jan 7]. Available from: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/15935-frequency-specific-microcurrent
- 2. Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM) [Internet]. Gordon Medical Associates. 2016 [cited 2022 Jan 7]. Available from: https://www.gordonmedical.com/body-technologies/frequency-specific-microcurrent-fsm/#FSM-prescription
- 3. Are there any side effects of Frequency Specific Microcurrent? [Internet]. www.christinekoth.com. [cited 2022 Jan 7]. Available from: https://www.christinekoth.com/video/are-there-any-side-effects-of-fsm
- 4. fsadmin. Are there any risks or dangers to the practitioner or to the patient? [Internet]. Frequency Specific Microcurrent. [cited 2022 Jan 7]. Available from: https://frequencyspecific.com/ufaqs/risks-dangers-practitioner-patient/
- 5. What’s The Difference Between TENS And Microcurrent? – Optimize Health 365 [Internet]. optimizehealth365.com. [cited 2022 Jan 7]. Available from: https://optimizehealth365.com/tens-unit-vs-microcurrent-whats-the-difference/articles/
- 6. Here’s everything you need to know about microcurrent facials [Internet]. TODAY.com. Available from: https://www.today.com/style/microcurrent-facials-everything-you-need-know-t180967
- 7. Frequency Specific Microcurrent [Internet]. Dr. Nick | Chiropractic, Soft Tissue Therapy, Medical Acupuncture, Sports Injury Management, Rehabilitation. [cited 2022 Jan 7]. Available from: https://www.drnick.ca/frequency-specific-microcurrent
- 8. What is FSM Therapy and How Can it Help? | New Options for Pain Relief [Internet]. Denton Chiropractor – Chiropractic Clinic in Denton. 2019 [cited 2022 Jan 7]. Available from: https://chirodenton.com/what-is-frequency-specific-microcurrent-2/
What do you think of FSM therapy? Let us know in the comments below!