If you’re looking for an easy shopping list of the best cruelty-free liquid eyeliner options, I’ve got you covered!
As a lifelong animal lover, I refuse to buy any brand of makeup that tests on animals, so I’ve spent decades perfecting my go-to list.
Let’s start with a quick list of my top 5 favorites, then keep reading for the entire list.
Don’t forget to also check our review on the best cruelty free pressed powder!
Cruelty-Free Liquid Eyeliner Top Picks at a Glance
- 100% Pure Liquid Eye Liner
- Clove + Hallow Line + Define Liquid Eyeliner
- e.l.f. H2O Proof Eyeliner Pen
- Julep When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner
- CleanFacedCosmetics Zero-Waste Liquid Eyeliner
Check the table below for a side-by-side comparison of our favorites!
20 Cruelty-Free Liquid Eyeliners
Here are my top picks. I’ve included cruelty-free certifications when applicable. Not all brands pay for certification, though. Smaller handmade brands on Etsy (I noted these), for example, rarely have the budget.
Some brands are not certified, but included in PETA’s CF shopping guide. These are noted with “PETA Guide.”
- ZUZU LUXE Liquid Eyeliner – Leaping Bunny (LB) & PETA
- Fitglow Beauty Lash Boost Eyeliner – LB
- 100% Pure Liquid Eye Liner– PETA MY FAVORITE!
- ILIA Beauty Clean Line Liquid Liner – LB
- Hush + Dotti Organic Liquid Eyeliner -LB & PETA
- Inika Organic Certified Organic Liquid Eyeliner – PETA
- Clove + Hallow Line + Define Liquid Eyeliner – PETA
- BUTTER LONDON Power Up Liquid Eyeliner Pen -NOT Vegan
- e.l.f. H2O Proof Eyeliner Pen – PETA
- MILANI Stay Put Matte Liquid Eyeliner – LB & PETA
- Honest Beauty Liquid Eyeliner – PETA
- Elate Cosmetics Elate Liquid Eye Liner – LB & PETA
- Barry M Cosmetics On Point Precision Eyeliner – NOT vegan
- Battington Lashes Sirine Silky Glue Eyeliner
- Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS Liquid Line & Define
- Kokie Retractable Liquid Eyeliner – LB & PETA
- blinc Semi-Permanent Liquid Eyeliner – PETA Guide
- Eyeko Mini Liner Trial Kit (Worth $36.00) – PETA Guide
- CleanFacedCosmetics Zero-Waste Liquid Eyeliner – Etsy
- DabHerbMakeup Organic Herb Liquid Eyeliner – Etsy
Also check: Top 20 Cruelty Free Retinol
10 Cruelty-Free Cream and Gel Eyeliners
If you’re not really a fan of totally liquid eyeliners (I sometimes have a hard time applying them, as I don’t have a steady hand), cream and gel is the next best thing. Again, most of these are vegan. If they’re not, I’ll let you know.
- ILIA Beauty Clean Line Gel Liner – LB
- Hush + Dotti Cream Gel Eye Liner – LB & PETA
- L.A. GIRL Gel Eyeliner – NOT Vegan
- e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner – PETA
- BLINC Gel Eyeliner – PETA Guide
- Mom’s Secret Natural Gel Eyeliner Black
- Julep When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner – PETA guide
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Crème Color – PETA Guide
- Wander Beauty Skyliner Retractable Gel Eyeliner – LB
- PureElementalBeauty Vegan Mineral Eyeshadow and Eyeliner in 2 in 1 – Etsy
With so many diverse brands, you should have no trouble finding the perfect cruelty-free liquid eyeliner (or gel, if you’re unsteady like me) for your makeup routine!
My personal favorite is 100% Pure. I love that their products are mostly made with fruit pigments! Plus, they’re PETA certified!
If you’re willing to take a chance on a handmade brand, though, I really like CleanFacedCosmetic’s Zero-Waste eyeliner. It’s not just animal-friendly, but earth-friendly, too!
What are your favorite cruelty-free liquid eyeliner brands? Share with us below!