Are you tired of using a harsh-acting cleanser that does nothing to minimize your acne problems and just dries out your skin instantly?
In that case, you’ll definitely want to check out my picks for the best Korean cleanser for acne-prone skin!
They always get my skin gorgeously clean without aggravating my pimples!
Let’s start with a quick look at our top picks, then keep reading for all the glorious details.
Table of Contents
Korean Cleansers for Acne Top Picks at a Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Our Winner – AROMATICA Tea Tree Balancing Foaming Cleanser
- Runner up – Holika Holika Soda Pore Deep Cleansing Foam
- Best Ingredient Certified Cleanser – Innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Cleansing Foam Creamy Face Cleanser
- Best For Skin Moisturizing – Real Art Deep Pore Foam Cleanser
- Best For Deep Cleansing – Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
10 Best Korean Cleansers for Acne-Prone Skin (Reviews)
All of these cleansers come straight from my own beauty stash or are highly recommended by my fellow skincare experts.
#1 Winner – AROMATICA Tea Tree Balancing Foaming Cleanser
Let’s start with our winning product, and it is also the top-notch Korean cleanser for acne-prone skin in 2021.
This AROMATICA cleanser is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial product. It can combat bacteria which is the primary cause of acne. It primarily works best for blemish-prone on all oily skin types.
It has ingredients like aloe vera and tea tree oil which help to easily peel off daily contaminants from your skin without shredding moisture.
Besides that, it does not cause uncomfortable tightness as well.
This cleanser is made from numerous natural ingredients, such as Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil, Arctium lappa root extract, Citrus aurantium amara leaf/twig oil, and more.
The natural essential oils will relieve stress on your skin, and this solution has various calming properties suitable for skin concerns.
You will get a 180g quantity of cleansing tube. The Korean skincare product for acne-free skin does not contain any parabens, silicones, sulfates, mineral oil, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances.
This cleanser for acne-prone skin will moisturize your skin for a longer period.
In addition to that, it will generate a rich lather which will effectively remove excess oil on your skin. It acts as a gentle sebum cleanser, especially on oily skin, and reduces sebum buildup on your skin.
Features & Attributes
- Product weight: 180 g
- Skin concern: Acne, pimples, blemishes, and pores
- Skin type: acne-prone skin, oily skin, and sensitive skin
|Vegan and cruelty-free Korean cleanser||Some people feel that the texture is too sticky|
|It uses plenty of natural ingredients||The solution has a strong smell|
|Natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial skin product|
|The cleanser can remove dirt, dust, makeup, and other impurities|
|Creamy white texture and soft lather|
How It Compares To Others
This product for acne-prone skin features
EWG Certification and Ecocert Certification to ensure safe use and security, which several other cleansers do not have.
The tea tree oil- while not unique to this product- is also a major reason why it tops our list.
According to a major clinical study in 2017, “the use of the tea tree oil products significantly improved mild to moderate acne and that the products were well tolerated.” 
- Pour a generous amount of solution on the cotton pad and apply it to your face and neck.
- It generates soft foam if lathered properly.
- Use this cleanser with Aromatica Tea Tree Balancing Foaming Cleanser and Aromatica Tea Tree Balancing Emulsion to get the best results like healthy and clear skin.
READ MORE: Foam Vs Gel Cleanser: Which is Better?
#2 Runner up – Holika Holika Soda Pore Deep Cleansing Foam
This face wash by Holika Holika is a suitable Korean cleanser for oily skin and combination skin types and is ideal for various skin concerns, such as acne, pimples, and makeup removal.
Thanks to that, it can even wipe off waterproof makeup without making your skin inflamed.
This cleanser includes unique ingredients, such as baking soda, Ultramarines  and sparkling water to give the best results to your acne-prone skin.
Plus, the cleanser assists in curbing blemishes and keeps an even skin tone. The tea tree oil provides a soothing effect on acne skin.
|Minimize skin dryness and prevents blemishes on your skin||A few users revealed that it does not fully remove heavy makeup|
|It easily removes makeup||Not good for all skin types|
|It helps in cleaning the pores effectively|
|Performs a deep cleansing|
#3 Best Ingredient Certified Cleanser – Innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Cleansing Foam Creamy Face Cleanser
This Korean acne cleanser is good for all skin types. The foam has a creamy texture that hydrates your skin while removing dirt and other impurities.
It gives a refreshing feeling to your skin, and the naturally-derived solution from green tea root makes the cleanser leaves micro-fine bubbles.
It contains a 150ml solution, and this cleanser’s ingredients will create a pleasant formula that will give your skin a deep cleansing.
|Ingredients include USDA organic beauty green tea leaves(root and extract)||Not the best option for oily or combination skin.|
|The solution is rich in antioxidants and amino acids|
|Moisturizes your skin and peels off impurities|
- A creamy cleansing foam face cleanser with Jeju green tea that hydrates skin while whisking away dirt and impurities, leaving skin feeling refreshed.
- Lather up this creamy foam infused with hydrating green tea grown on innisfree's USDA-certified organic (Control Union Certifications CUC) fields on Jeju Island, Korea for skin that feels clean, soft, and hydrated.
- A naturally-derived surfactant from green tea root gives this cleanser its rich, micro-fine bubbles.
- Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
- Skincare Concerns: Oiliness and Dryness
#4 Best For Skin Moisturizing – Real Art Deep Pore Foam Cleanser
The soft, creamy, and overflowing foam will clean away dead skin cells and impurities from skin pores in a single wash.
This product is another best Korean cleanser for acne, which gives dense bubbles that will clean the pores easily.
It has natural ingredients such as Moringa oleifera seed oil (from what experts refer to as “the miracle tree”) and babassu seed oil, which moisturize your skin after cleansing it.
The product weighs about 182 grams and gives a 150 ml solution.
|Thick and plenty of bubbles eliminate pore impurities, dust, and debris||Not good for people with highly sensitive skin|
|Keeps your skin moist even after strong cleansing|
|Remove dead cells and minimizes oil secretion|
#5 Best For Deep Cleansing – Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam
This Korean acne cleanser by Etude House is the best solution for deep cleansing your skin. It is made of baking powder which will gently exfoliate your skin.
In addition to that, this cleanser penetrates deep into the pores to wipe out dirt, excess oil, and other impurities.
This solution uses a unique primary ingredient, which is fine baking powder and can remove dead cells from your skin pores.
It is ideal for various skin concerns, including acne, pores, sebum, dry skin, and rough skin.
|Works best to eliminate impurities and dead skin cells from skin pores||Sometimes your skin might become too dry.|
|Soft, creamy, abundant, and thick multi-deep cleansing foam will efficiently wipe away makeup|
|Available in different quantities|
#6 Best Affordable Option – Monster Foam Cleanser
The cleansing cream will produce thick and soft bubbles which deeply cleanse your skin.
Plus, the stand-out factor of this cleanser for acne is that it includes three green ingredients: green tea extract, aloe vera extract, and weaver bamboo cane extract.
These ingredients will help in making your skin soft, clear, and healthy. It unclogs pores on your skin and deters coming blemishes.
|White filter bubbles clean deeply||Some customers feel that the texture is sticky|
|It ensures oil-free cleansing|
|Uses green natural ingredients to keep your skin healthy|
READ MORE: Best Korean Foam Cleanser
#7 Best Cleansing Oil – Tonymoly Wonder Apricot Deep Cleansing Oil
The cleanser is suitable for people with dry skin, and it has a mild apricot fragrance.
The apricot seed oil helps in deep cleansing your skin to erase makeup and removes pore-clogging impurities from your skin.
Other ingredients like macadamia seed oil, pomegranate seed oil, and jojoba seed oil will moisturize and nourish your skin. The product weighs 7.8 ounces, and its dimensions are 2.2 x 2.2 x 7.3 inches.
|Easily wipes out the lip, base, and eye makeup||A few buyers said that this oil cleanser didn’t work properly on their skin.|
|Removes impurities and makes your skin clean and healthy|
|Works as an effective hydrating formula|
- Our deep cleansing oil easily breaks down base, lip, and eye makeup while also removing impurities so skin can look and feel its cleanest
- Hydrating Formula
- Gently massage onto dry skin, focusing on areas with heavy makeup and/or buildup to help dissolve skin impurities.
#8 Best 3-in-1 Cleansing Foam – Mamonde Triple Multi Cleansing Foam Facial Cleanser Wash
Here is our best 3-in-1 multi cleansing foam, which has the tendency to remove sun cream, makeup, and dead skin cells simultaneously.
This cleanser is great for all skin types and keeps your skin neat.
After every wash, it will refresh your skin and make it smooth, healthy. This solution is free from parabens, mineral oils, animal substances, and sulfates.
|Cleans thoroughly without removing moisture||Not good for people with sensitive skin.|
|Composed with Iris flower to deeply cleanse your skin|
|Deeply detoxifies and refreshes your skin|
- Mamonde Triple Multi Foam Cleansing
- 5.9 Oz/175Ml (New)
- Multi-cleansing foam to wash off makeup, sun block, n dead skin cells at once
- Hand-rubbed, Broken scrubs, can be used smoothly with no stimulation
- Containing iris Extract, lily flower extract
#9 Best Face Cleansing Set – THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Set – Cleanser 150 ml + Light Cleansing Oil 150 ml + Foam 100 ml
This product by THE FACE SHOP includes three different types of cleansers. It is made of rice water, which comprises various Vitamins (A, B, and E), minerals, and ceramides.
This solution can light up and nourish your dry skin. Besides that, they make your skin smooth, supple, and even-toned.
You can use it as a mild cleansing product to remove makeup without any discomfort.
|Moisturizes and brightens your skin after every wash||The solution has a strong fragrance.|
|Includes Vitamins A, B, and E and minerals|
|Natural oils can purify your skin cells|
- AMAZON EXCLUSIVE FROM THE FACE SHOP - Receive a 100 ml bottle of cleansing foam along with our best selling Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam and Light Cleansing Oil Set Package, making this a perfect gift for women or a significant other.
- BRIGHTEN AND CLEAR SKIN WITH RICE WATER - A known natural cleanser, rice water helps reduce blemishes from acne scarring by minimizing pores and removing blackheads for smooth and bright skin.
- STRENGTHEN AND HYDRATE YOUR SKIN: The rice water face wash set both moisturizes the skin by a light foam cleanser when lathered with water, and strengthen your skin with a rich, pearl white cream which leaves your face feeling refreshed with a sweet fragrance.
- PERFECT DAILY CLEANSER FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: This face cleanser uses ceramide and vitamins A, B, and E to smooth out skin tones, moisturize fair and sensitive skin, and protect your skin’s natural barriers.
- KOREA'S MOST POPULAR SKIN CARE BRAND: THEFACESHOP established themselves as one the premier korean skin care lines for 15 years. A perfect gift for women, keep their and your skin healthy and beautiful.
#10 Best Expensive Cleanser – Knours. Your Only Cleanser
Knours Your Only Cleanser is ideal for all skin types. It helps to smoothen, refresh, and supple your skin.
This Korean acne-free cleanser is free from gluten and other harmful substances. It is a natural, cruelty-free, GMO-free, and EWG verified solution.
The product comes with a mild lavender scent that I just love and it is available in 4.9 oz quantity.
|Made of natural ingredients like leaf extracts, seed oils, leaf oils, and others||This product falls on the expensive list.|
|Moisturizing, non-drying, gentle acting, and effective formula|
|Jojoba Oil retains moisture on your skin for a longer period|
Important Things to Consider Before Buying Korean Cleanser for Acne-Prone Skin
While purchasing the cleansers for acne-prone skin, you need to consider a few critical things in order to choose the best one.
Let’s take a look at the factors which will determine your Korean cleanser purchase.
Consider Skin Type
In order to get the best results of using the cleanser for acne-prone skin, you need to choose the one that is ideal for your skin.
In general, cleaners are available in four different skin types: regular skin, oily skin, dry skin, and a combination. It is better to avoid using cleansers that are not made for your skin type.
For normal skin, it is better to select any deep-cleansing cleanser.
Make sure to acquire a mild-acting solution that can efficiently peel off the dust, dirt, excess oil, and sebum, while simultaneously hydrating your skin to keep it soft and elastic.
For dry skin, you can search for a cleanser that contains ingredients, such as aloe vera, natural oils, and glycerin.
If you want, you can opt for a hypoallergenic cleanser that is free of alcohol and synthetic fragrances.
For oily skin, it is best to prefer the Korean cleanser that includes specific ingredients: tea tree oil, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, and glycolic acid.
These substances are good at cleansing the pores, preventing acne, and lessening oil secretion in your skin.
It is recommended not to use solutions that have alcohol because they have the tendency to worsen your skin condition.
Sensitive or combination skin
Lastly, for the combination skin or sensitive skin, make sure to select an organic cleanser that is non-irritating and hypoallergenic.
It should be free of alcohol and artificial fragrances and must be gentle on your skin.
If possible, try to stick to a product that contains more natural ingredients and fewer chemicals.
Make sure to avoid selecting cleansers that include parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, artificial scents, and other harmful substances.
As there are different models of cleansers available in the market, they vary greatly in terms of price. You don’t need to select expensive solutions because several models are accessible at a reasonable price.
So, if you are on a tight budget but still want to buy a high-quality cleanser for acne-prone skin, we have included some of the best affordable options in this list.
How To Use The Korean Cleansers For Acne-prone Skin?
Clean your hands and wet your face with water. Squeeze a small amount from the cleanser into your palm and apply it to your face. Rub it deeply into your skin for about 30 seconds until it creates a rich and creamy foam. Wash your face with water and let it dry.
What Are Several Korean Cleansers Available For Acne-prone Skin?
A: In the present marketplace, you can find plenty of Korean cleansers available for acne-prone skin. However, it is best to choose the solution made of better quality substances and oil-free cleansers to obtain the best results.
Which Kind Of Cleanser Should I Use?
Depending on your skin type, you can choose the most ideal cleanser. There are some products that are good for all skin types, while others are primarily made for specific skin types, such as oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, and more.
How Many Times Should I Apply This Cleanser In A Day?
A: It is best to use this cleanser twice a day. You can include this cleanser in your morning and night routine to get the best results.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Cleansers?
There are no potential side effects of these cleansers. However, you might get skin irritation or redness if the cleanser is not suitable for your skin type.
After careful research and live analysis of various Korean cleansers for acne-prone skin, we have put together this list.
All the products mentioned in this list are known for reducing acne, removing excess sebum, decreasing oil secretion, moisturizing your skin, and keeping it healthy.
You can find cleansers in different sizes, models, and compositions that are made to match the requirements of customers.
However, AROMATICA Tea Tree Balancing Foaming Cleanser stands as the winner on my list.
It is made of natural ingredients, makes your skin acne-free, moisturizes your skin for a long time, and is available at a reasonable price.
- “EWG Skin Deep® | What Is ULTRAMARINES.” 2014. EWG. 2014. https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredients/706769-ULTRAMARINES/.
- Malhi, Harsimran Kaur, Jenny Tu, Thomas V Riley, Sujith Prasad Kumarasinghe, and Katherine A Hammer. 2016. “Tea Tree Oil Gel for Mild to Moderate Acne; a 12 Week Uncontrolled, Open-Label Phase II Pilot Study.” Australasian Journal of Dermatology 58 (3): 205–10. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajd.12465.
- Souza, Mércia H.S.L., Cristina. A. Monteiro, Patricia M.S. Figueredo, Flavia Raquel F. Nascimento, and Rosane N.M. Guerra. 2011. “Ethnopharmacological Use of Babassu (Orbignya Phalerata Mart) in Communities of Babassu Nut Breakers in Maranhão, Brazil.” Journal of Ethnopharmacology 133 (1): 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2010.08.056.
- Whelan, Corey. 2019. “Moringa Oil Benefits and Uses.” Healthline. Healthline Media. December 13, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/health/moringa-oil#:~:text=Moringa%20oil%20is%20derived%20from%20the%20seeds%20of,it%E2%80%99s%20sometimes%20referred%20to%20as%20%E2%80%9Cthe%20miracle%20tree.%E2%80%9D.
What are your favorite Korean cleansers for acne-prone skin? Let us know in the comments below!