Have you heard of microbiome skincare?
If not, just wait- you definitely will!
This new beauty trend is heating up fast, and for a good reason!
Read on to learn what it is and why it’s worth looking into.
Microbiome Skincare: What is This Hot New Beauty Trend All About?
Everyone’s interest in microbiome skincare definitely increased in the past years, and for good reason.
Instead of using the same, old skincare routines and products, this trend helps you choose a microbiome routine created especially for you.
Our faces are homes to millions of microorganisms, and they are the ones dictating whether our skin is healthy, or not.
As we age, those microorganisms will start aging too, and this can be an alarm signal, to start taking care of them as early as possible.
In microbiome skincare, it’s not about destroying any kind of bacteria and then attempting to fix it, but rather about balancing it all out.
Bacterial imbalance is the cause of many issues, such as eczema and acne, and it sometimes requires personalized treatments in order to get back on track.
As skincare is evolving, it would be a good time to hop on the trend and start looking for products that help the microbiome, rather than trying to destroy it.
With that in mind, let’s look at some top players in the relatively small (at the moment) market!
Microbiome Skincare Products
As I said, the market for microbiome skincare products is still fairly small.
That doesn’t mean there aren’t some great options out there, though!
Let’s check out a few that I absolutely adore!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
One of the biggest problems are makeup removers.
They are often made with very powerful chemicals that remove the makeup and a big part of the beneficial bacteria.
A very good option to replace it is this Mother Dirt Biome-Friendly Face & Body Cleanser from Amazon.
It’s gentle with the skin, and will also protect the microorganisms.
Another great thing we discovered, are the COSMEDIX Micro Defense Microbiome Sheet Masks.
They are a great way to nurture and care for the most precious microorganisms while giving the skin that special glow.
The Image Skincare Purifying Probiotic Mask is also very good to maintain your skin’s microbiome intact.
It’s got a special formula derived from yogurt which keeps your skin balanced.
- Reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Quenches dry skin with moisture-locking hydration
- Aids in protection from environmental stressors
- Helps reduce the look of redness and soothes skin
When it comes to moisturizers, you must always choose carefully.
This BeautyStat Cosmetics Universal Pro-Bio Moisture Boost Cream is a great choice for all ages.
It’s got hyaluronic acid, which is amazing when it comes to moisturizing, as well as probiotics in order to maintain your natural skin balance.
On the other hand, the Peter Thomas Roth Vital-E Microbiome Age Defense Eye Cream can be the better choice for women over 30, as it will help rebuild the natural microbiome and keep the skin looking young and healthy for years to come.
After four weeks of using it, your microbiome will start regenerating, and it’s exactly what you’re looking for.
- Moisturize Skin.
- Improve Hydration.
- It Precent The Look Of Dullness.
Acne treatments based on probiotics are a very good idea if nothing before worked.
They are not used to dry up the skin, but rather to activate your natural skin defense systems, and fight off the acne from inside.
A very good product is the Clarity in Balance – Topical Probiotic Acne Treatment.
- Yes, some bacteria is actually good for you! Probiotic Action contains Bacillus Ferment aerobic probiotic that thrive on the skin. Easy to spray on the skin, morning and night.Probiotic bacteriotherapy can have great potential in preventing and treating the skin diseases including eczema, atopic dermatitis, acne, and allergic inflammation or in skin hypersensitivity, UV-induced skin damage, wound protection, and as a cosmetic product.
- Probiotic Action delivers probiotic spores, rather than living bacteria, to the targeted area to maximize effectiveness. These spores then attach themselves to the skin where the acne is present, and begin to germinate forming the probiotic bacteria for the best acne risk protection posible. Probiotic Action can help restore the normal bacteria content on the skin.
- Probiotic action uses the same bacteria that your skin naturally create. Good bacteria clean pores deep and eat toxins on your skin .
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested, this treatment spray works on sensitive and inflamed skin.
- Clarity in Balance replenish with beneficial bacteria your skin creating a self-defense barrier against acne, rosacea and eczema.
Our lips need extra care too, and it’s important to keep them healthy and moisturized.
The BIOMILK Probiotic Skincare Vegan Lip Balms are carefully made for sensitive skin, and will definitely give you the results you were looking for.
Right now, it’s like we’re just entering a new era of skincare, and the microbiome skincare definitely has a place in everyone’s future.