If you’re looking for some amazing olive oil hair masks to buy or DIY, you’re in the right place!
Olive oil is one of the best options if you want to deep moisturize your skin or hair.
I personally discovered it when I started bleaching my hair, and haven’t used anything else since then.
Let’s take a look at how you can make your own olive oil hair mask, and where you can buy some if you don’t have the time to do so.
You may also love: 5 Super Simple & Affordable DIY At-Home Hair Mask Ideas
DIY Olive Oil Hair Masks
Olive oil is one of the oldest and best ingredients ever used in skincare.
Since it was discovered, thousands of years ago, people have been looking for ways to use it as much as possible.
Nowadays, olive oil is known to be amazing for cooking, but it’s also amazing for hair.
Let’s start with some super easy DIY olive oil masks to make at home.
If you’re still not convinced that you can pull it off yourself, we’ll look at some you can buy in a few minutes.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. Olive Oil and Honey Hair Mask
Olive oil and honey are both incredible moisturizers.
If your hair is very dry, or has been through a lot of bleaching and styling lately, you can try this one.
Just mix half a cup of olive oil with two teaspoons of honey, and apply it to your hair.
After 20 minutes, wash it off, and continue your normal routine.
Check out the video below for more tips on making this mask.
2. Olive Oil and Baking Soda Hair Mask
This is the perfect mask if you’re dealing with oily hair and dandruff.
Even though olive oil moisturizes your hair and scalp, baking soda will absorb the extra oils on your scalp, balancing the situation.
For this mask, you need half a cup of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
Leave it in your hair for 15 minutes at most, and then thoroughly wash your hair.
Make sure there’s no baking soda left, as it can dry your scalp more than you’d like.
You can also follow the tutorial in the video below for this one!
3. Olive oil and Avocado Hair Mask
The olive oil and avocado combo is ideal if you need something to moisturize and repair your hair at the same time.
The nutrients in avocado will stimulate your hair follicles promoting hair growth, and the olive oil will maintain it healthy.
For this one, you need half an avocado and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
Leave it in your hair for about 20 minutes, and then simply wash it as you’d normally do.
If you’d like to add honey to the mix, check out the video below for a tutorial.
Related: Avocado Hair Masks
4. Olive Oil & Rosemary Mask for Hair Growth
If you want your hair to grow faster, thicker, or just healthier, then a rosemary and olive oil mask is a great option!
Rosemary helps stimulate your follicles, promotes circulation, and more- all of which can lead to a healthier head of hair!
For this mask, you’ll just need a half a cup of olive oil and a drop or two of rosemary essential oil.
Add the essential oil to the olive oil and shake or stir to combine. Then, just rub it into your hair- paying close attention to your scalp.
Leave it on for at least 20 minutes, then rinse clean in the shower before shampooing.
5. Refreshing Olive Oil & Peppermint Mask
Peppermint is also good for stimulating hair follicles, but that’s not why I love this one so much.
If you suffer from headaches- or even just brain fog- you’ll totally fall in love with this mask.
It’s just such a refreshing and uplifting scent, and really helps relieve tension headaches.
The steps for this one are identical to the rosemary mask, except you’ll use peppermint oil instead.
FYI, those last two make amazing gift ideas, since you can mix them up ahead of time!
You can even use fresh rosemary or mint to infuse the oil. Check out the video below to see how.
Yes, it’s for cooking, but the recipe and steps are the same as for olive oil hair masks.
Olive Oil Hair Masks to Buy
If you’re really just not in the mood to make your own olive oil hair masks, then here are a few wonderful options to buy.
Palmer’s Olive Oil Formula
I fell in love with Palmer’s products about two years ago, and whenever I find something new in stores, I try it and fall in love again.
This olive oil formula is incredible to moisturize your hair and scalp, and you’ll be really happy you tried it.
- Gro Therapy: This therapeutic and moisturizing balm is formulated with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and essential vitamins to help restore softness and manageability. Leaves hair silky with a long lasting sheen
- Natural Factors: A Botanical Scalp Complex (Nettle, Sage and Hyssop) helps strengthen hair's strands while soothing and refreshing scalp. Antioxidant properties and Keratin protect and repair hair and skin
- Finest Ingedients: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw ingredients to bring you soft, hydrated and beautiful hair and skin. We support sustainable production of Shea and Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil worldwide
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real high-quality, plant-based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer's: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps for hand and body, face, lip, and hair care, pregnancy and stretch mark care
Ors Olive and Coconut Oil
Olive oil is incredible by itself, but if you also add coconut oil, you get the best moisturizing and regenerative combo.
This hair mask can revert years of bleaching, and you can use it whenever you need to.
Ancient Greek Remedy Oil Formula
This one by Ancient Greek Remedy is something you can keep around all the time, for whenever you need deep moisturizing.
It’s good for skin, hair, and nails, and besides olive oil, it’s also infused with almond, grapeseed, and lavender oils for maximum results.
- ORGANIC DAY & NIGHT MOISTURIZER - Ancient Greek Remedy Oil is a blend of Organic Cold Pressed Olive oil, Sweet Almond oil, Grapeseed oil, Vitamin E oil & Lavender Essential Oil. Vegan, Non-Gmo, Gluten, Paraben & Preservatives Free! 4 OZ. The best moisturizer for your Face, body, Hair, hands, cuticles, nails, legs, feet & heels. Try us Risk-free. Order now, and if you are not 100% satisfied, please email us, and we will send you a full refund of your money. No need to send the bottle back!
- 100% NATURAL FACE CARE - Our blend of 4 anti-aging oils makes it a fantastic face moisturizer that is a superior & safer alternative to face creams & lotions. Use our face oil 2x daily for softer facial skin and to shrink pores, and firm skin, clear up acne & dark spots and minimize the appearance of acne scars for a radiant & glowing appearance.
- SKIN MOISTURIZER THAT WORKS - Body moisturizer for all skin types, including combination skin, Sensitive Skin, uneven dry Skin & oily Skin. Organic body oil for moisturizing dry, sensitive skin and minimizing the appearance of stretch marks & cellulite. Massage oil after a shower to improve your skin tone, or use it as bath oil. 100% natural moisturizer for all your skin needs.
- DRY HAIR MOISTURIZER - Using oil for Hair is a safer natural alternative to hair creams. Perfect for all hair types, including Straight Hair, Wavy Hair, Curly Hair & Afro Hair. Natural hair oil for a softer, longer & richer look. For rejuvenating & thickening weak, thin, brittle, damaged hair, frizzy hair & split end treatment. Hair styling moisturizer that nourishes and protects your Hair. Try using our all-natural blend as a hair moisturizer or hair mask for youthful, full beautiful Hair.
- TREAT DRY HANDS, CUTICLES & NAILS - Natural hand moisturizer is a safe alternative to hand creams & hand lotions. Hand & cuticle oil treats dry, rough, cracked hands caused by weather conditions or excessive work. Natural cuticle moisturizer & cuticle remover. Nails strengthener, hardener & damage nail treatment for nail growth. Try us Risk-free. Order now & if you are not 100% satisfied, please email us, and we will send you a full refund of your money. No need to send the bottle back!
In order to repair and moisturize your hair, you definitely need an olive oil hair mask. Of course, you can pair it with any other ingredient, and see the results!