As a doctor with extensive experience in cosmetic procedures, I know that understanding how long it takes to see results from microneedling is crucial for patients considering this treatment.
It’s natural to feel eager to witness the transformation and weigh the pros and cons of undergoing this procedure.
In this informative post, we’ll explore the timeline of microneedling results, showcasing before and after images to give you a clear understanding of what to expect.
As a seasoned professional in this field, I am committed to providing accurate and reliable information to help you make the best decisions for your cosmetic journey.
Keep reading for answers to these questions and more!
- Patience is key: Visible microneedling results typically appear after 4-6 weeks as your skin rejuvenates and collagen production increases.
- Consistency matters: To achieve optimal results, a series of 3-6 microneedling sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart is often recommended.
- Skincare support: Enhance your microneedling results by following a personalized skincare routine, including proper cleansing, moisturizing, and sun protection.
READ MORE: Microneedle Vs Dermaroller: Is There a Difference?
How Long to See Microneedling Results
You should see a difference approximately one hour after the treatment, but it could differ depending on patients’ skin types. However, certain outcomes may require four to six weeks to manifest fully.
This time frame is essential for your body to stimulate collagen production and promote cellular regeneration, ultimately resulting in rejuvenated, healthy skin.
Yet, you should see the desired results within six weeks. Patients treating severe scars can wait for longer (three months or more) to see results.
What Does Microneedling Do?
According to research (1), Microneedling is a minimally invasive skincare procedure. The solution helps enhance youthful looks or treat various skin conditions.
It is also known as collagen induction therapy.
Micro-needling involves using a roller with tiny needles to prick the skin. This stimulates the body to produce more collagen, which can help improve the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and other blemishes.
Will you feel pain? Yes, patients feel micro pains. But that is nothing when you think about the fantastic results you will get.
The skin triggers the formation of elastin and new collagen. Picture this; fewer and less visible scars and wrinkles! Or smoother skin with a flawless appearance.
But you could be asking, can I try Microneedling?
The truth is that everyone is the perfect candidate for collagen induction.
But you should not be booking your appointment if you want to treat the following:
- Irregular texture
- Lost elasticity
- Enlarged pores
- Skin pigmentation
How Microneedling Works
The first Microneedling step is a consultation with a specialist. Here, you discuss your goals with a specialist who evaluates your skin.
You can also share your concerns and discuss your medical history.
The thing is, your dermatologist must understand any underlying conditions. The data helps determine the proper treatment.
Next is the preparation phase; what does it feel like? First, a specialist applies anesthesia or numbing cream on the surface.
You will need about 45 minutes to note the effect than the doctor will sterilize your face to ensure it is ready.
The doctor initiates the treatment by filling SkinPen on the skin’s surface.
Next, they will mount fine needles on a roller-like tool (dermal roller) to prick your skin and create tiny puncture wounds.
In response, the skin produces healthy collagen and elastin to aid the healing process.
The procedure takes about 20 minutes or less if done by an experienced aesthetician.
Recovery depends on why you opted for the procedure but takes more than an hour or several days.
Are you curious about the pros and cons of microneedling? Fear not, I’ve got you covered! I’ve put together a handy table summarizing the benefits and drawbacks of this popular treatment, so you can make an informed decision on your journey to radiant, rejuvenated skin. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of microneedling!
|1. Reduces wrinkles and lines||1. Bruises, bleeding, irritation, and sensitivity|
|– Promotes new tissue formation, restoring youthfulness||– Infections from unhealed pores|
|– Refines lines and wrinkles, making them less visible||– Bleeding during extensive procedures|
|2. Enhances skin texture and appearance||– Redness|
|– Improves skin appearance after the first session||2. Longer healing process for severe conditions|
|– Tightens skin and remedies uneven skin tone||3. Limitations on makeup usage|
|3. Reduces pigmentation and scarring||– Wearing makeup after treatment can inhibit the effectiveness and damage sensitive skin|
|– Breaks scar tissues, decreasing inflammation|
|– Reduces scarring by creating new cells|
|4. Counters sun damage effects|
|– Addresses premature aging and wrinkles|
|5. Reduces rosacea|
|– Stimulates collagen growth to reduce inflammation and irritability|
Benefits of Microneedling
Are you having second thoughts about micro-needling? I can relate! Imagine undergoing cosmetic treatment and hoping to get rid of dead skin cells! You will enjoy the following:
1. No more wrinkles and lines
The thought of aging is scary! It makes your skin sag and develops wrinkles. But Mona Gohara, a dermatology professor at Yale School of Medicine, says the therapy removes sagging skin, scarring, and wrinkles. (2)
As you age, wrinkles and lines don’t have to be your cup of tea. The skin experiences new tissue formation that strengthens it, restoring a youthful look.
As the skin heals, it produces new cells that refine lines and wrinkles, making them less visible.
2. Enhances skin texture and appearance
Before Microneedling, I didn’t like my skin texture! Skin rejuvenation is one of the reasons I didn’t think twice about this treatment.
You will notice a change in your skin’s appearance and texture after the first session. This happens as the skin starts healing after every prick.
The procedure tightens the skin by filling the gaps resulting from wrinkles. So if you want healthy skin, why not try Microneedling and remedy uneven skin tone today?
3. Reduce pigmentation and scarring
Skin concerns can be frustrating. Do your peers comment on your face every time you get pimples? What about the acne and scars that change your looks? I know what this means to your self-esteem.
Are you struggling with hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, or acne scars? Well, it is challenging dealing with this.
Look no further, but micro-needling is a reliable acne treatment solution. The procedure breaks the scar tissues, which decreases inflammation. Plus, it reduces scarring by creating new cells that improve the scars.
4. Counter Sun Damage effects
The UV rays are harmful and tamper with your skin causing premature aging and wrinkles. One tip, avoid undergoing the procedure after exposure to the sun. This is because your skin will be sensitive and inflamed.
5. Reduce rosacea
Rosacea breaks collagen, but micro-needling stimulates its growth. So forget about rosacea by undergoing this treatment to reduce irritability and inflammation.
ALSO CHECK: How Often Should I Microneedle My Face?
Disadvantages of Microneedling
I can imagine how it’s easy to be skeptical the first time you hear about Microneedling. Like most cosmetic treatments, Microneedling has disadvantages and risks.
And it’s okay to know what to expect should you undergo the treatment. My experience was different because of my skin tone, but you should brace up for the following risks:
- Bruises, bleeding, irritation, and sensitivity
- Infections from unhealed pores -germs can get into your skin.
- Bleeding can happen if the procedure is extensive.
- Redness: find out how to reduce redness after micro needling from your dermatologist.
- The healing process takes longer if you are treating severe conditions.
- Specialists discourage wearing makeup days after the treatment. But why can’t you wear makeup after Microneedling? Your skin is sensitive after the session -applying makeup inhibits effectiveness. Makeup products will damage your skin.
How Long Does it Take for Microneedling to Heal?
The truth is, skin health is essential, and we want quick results! Other laser treatments are abrasive and require more time to heal.
Collagen induction therapy is less painful; you will resume your daily duties within two days.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Some patients need two or more Microneedling treatments to see results. It all depends on the condition they want to treat and the physician’s recommendation.
For instance, a patient undergoing Microneedling because of aging needs two sessions annually. But the one dealing with scarring requires more than three. Find out from your doctor if there is a need for a follow-up treatment.
How Long Do Results Last?
Darling beauty enthusiasts, let’s talk about the longevity of microneedling results! The outcome of this treatment varies from person to person, but generally, the results can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months .
To maintain that glowing, youthful complexion, experts recommend follow-up sessions every 6-12 months, depending on individual needs . Remember, consistency is vital for long-lasting results!
Can You Microneedle If You Have Acne?
Acne-prone lovelies, listen up! Microneedling can be beneficial in reducing the appearance of acne scars , but caution must be taken when dealing with active breakouts.
According to Dr. Rachel Nazarian, a board-certified dermatologist, microneedling should be avoided on active acne as it may spread bacteria and worsen the condition . Consult with a skincare professional to determine the best treatment plan for your unique situation!
Can You Microneedle If You Are Pregnant?
Oh, mama-to-be, skincare can be a tricky territory during pregnancy! Although microneedling is generally considered safe, there’s a lack of studies specifically addressing its safety during pregnancy.
Renowned dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe advises expecting mothers to avoid microneedling treatments . Always consult with your healthcare provider before undergoing any skincare procedures while pregnant.
Microneedling Before and After Video
Hey there, radiant beauty enthusiasts! Get ready to be dazzled as we unveil the magical transformation of Microneedling Before and After!
In this video, witness the journey to rejuvenated, glowing skin and let the astonishing results speak for themselves. So, grab your favorite skincare goodies, sit back, and let’s unveil the power of microneedling together!
Does MicroNeedling Give Permanent Results?
No, the results are evident between three to six months; you can go for treatments twice a year.
Can Microneedle be Combined with Other Treatments?
Yes, there are many products, such as botox after Microneedling, to enhance results.
Beauty is often the definition of glowing, radiant, youthful, and flawless skin. Unfortunately, some people cannot boast of this for various reasons.
Do you feel uncomfortable with your skin’s appearance? Try Microneedling today for quick results.
Have you tried microneedling? Please share your experiences below!
- 1. Microneedling: Benefits, side effects, and risks [Internet]. www.medicalnewstoday.com. 2019. Available from: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324138
- 2. Dr. Mona Gohara | Hamden Dermatologist | Dermatology Physicians of CT [Internet]. Dermatology Physicians of Connecticut. [cited 2022 Apr 27]. Available from: https://dermatologyofct.com/about/our-providers/mona-gohara-m-d/
- 3. Doddaballapur, S. (2009). Microneedling with Dermaroller. Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery, 2(2), 110–111. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-2077.58529
- 4. Ibrahim, M. K., Ibrahim, S. M., & Salem, A. M. (2015). Skin microneedling plus platelet-rich plasma versus skin microneedling alone in the treatment of atrophic post acne scars: a split face comparative study. Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 29(3), 281–286. https://doi.org/10.1080/09546634.2017.1395792
- 5. Fabbrocini, G., Fardella, N., Monfrecola, A., Proietti, I., & Innocenzi, D. (2009). Acne Scars: Pathogenesis, Classification and Treatment. Dermatology Research and Practice, 2009, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1155/2009/893080
- 6. Nazarian, R. (n.d.). Microneedling: The Skincare Benefits and Everything You Need to Know. Rachel Nazarian MD. Retrieved from https://www.rachelnazarianmd.com/microneedling/
- 7. Bowe, W. (2017). The Beauty of Dirty Skin: The Surprising Science of Looking and Feeling Radiant from the Inside Out. Hachette Books.