Looking for the best Korean toner for dry skin, but confused by all of the options?
Believe me, friend, I totally hear you there!
Choosing the wrong one can wreak absolute havoc on your already-parched pores.
Don’t worry, though, I found you plenty of amazing choices to try!
Let’s start with a quick look at our top Korean toners, then keep reading for all the glorious details.
Korean Toners for Dry Skin Top Picks at a Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Klairs Supple Preparation Toner – Best Overall
- AHC Aqualuronic Toner – Best Toner For Shielding Skin Barrier
- Soffli Gentle AHA Toner – Best Gentle Exfoliator
- Etude House Soojung pH 5.5 Relief Toner – Best For Sensitive Skin
- Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner – Best Toner With Healing Properties
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
13 BEST Korean Toners for Dry Skin (REVIEW)
You deserve glowing and spotless skin, and that’s why I bring you only the best Korean toner for dry skin. Let’s jump right in, starting with my all-time favorite!
1. Klairs Supple Preparation Toner – Best Overall
When it comes to K-beauty skincare products, you can almost never go wrong with KLAIRS.
They have products designed for every skin type imaginable, but their Supple Prep Toner is ideal for dry skin.
Supple Preparation Toner houses tons of ingredients that soothe and hydrate your skin and maintain the natural pH levels.
It contains both Copper Tripeptide-1 and extracts from Centella Asiatica. These two active ingredients efficiently heal wounds on your skin and possess anti-inflammatory properties.
Klairs Supple Preparation Toner also contains Licorice root extracts. This wonderful extract is great impactful in brightening up your skin.
The toner even contains Hyaluronic Acid, albeit in the form of salt. Sodium Hyaluronate makes your skin plum and offers ample hydration. 
It also has Beta-Glucan and a humectant in the form of extracts from the leaf of Aloe Barbadensis. They provide emollient properties and efficiently moisturize and soothe your dry skin.
Although ideal for all types of skin, it’s perfect for those with dry skin. You get 180ml of the product in one bottle of Klairs Supple Preparation Toner.
|The toner uses ingredients that are natural and don’t cause irritation.||This particular toner has a scent.|
|The texture is serum-like.||Pricey.|
|The pH level is balanced.|
How does it Compare to Others?
The Klairs Supple Preparation Toner is a cult favorite for a reason. It has not only a very soothing hydrating texture but also the perfect viscosity that’s neither too light nor too rich.
It’s also jam-packed with soothing ingredients such as beta-glucan, pentanol, dimethyl sulfone, Centella Asiatica extract, and so on.
It’s a fast-absorbing product that boosts the effectiveness of all the skincare products that you apply afterward. It is, without a doubt, the best Korean toner for dry skin.
Check out this video review:
Now you may be pondering how to use Korean toners? Here’s a quick tip.
You can create a 5 min face sheet by stacking cotton pads on top of one another and saturating the cotton pads with the toner.
Then apply the cotton pad and your skin and let it sit on your skin. This is a great technique that helps stimulate your skin to recover and cool it simultaneously.
- ※ Notice ※ *The package of this product has been changed.
- The unscented toner is the essential oil-free version of the original toner
- The irritation-free natural essential oils were removed from the original toner to accommodate customers who prefer non-scented products.
- A non-irritating toner that rejuvenates and restores the skin.
- Balances the skin’s pH level and improves the effectiveness of the entire skin regime.
2. AHC Aqualuronic Toner – Best Toner for Shielding Skin Barrier
AHC is another top name in Korean skincare, and their Aqualuronic Toner is absolutely fab!
AHC uses a formula that blends the mixture of French seawater, ceramides, and triple Hyaluronic Acid. 
These ingredients are key to protecting and supporting the natural barrier of your skin that holds moisture. It’s perfect to keep your skin hydrated for long hours without drying out.
The Aqualuronic Toner even has properties that help repair skin barriers and inflammation. It also effectively brightens up your skin.
The 150ml gel toner efficiently forms a hydrating seal on your skin and sinks deep within.
The Aqualuronic Toner also contains natural extracts of Chamomile, Tea Tree, and Orchid that have anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, making it a perfect toner for aging and acne-prone skin types too.
|The toner enhances the texture of your skin.||Sas a scent that you might not be used to.|
|It makes your skin supple and soft.|
See how this YouTuber uses it along with other AHC products for her skincare routine:
- Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics Face Toner is a hydrating, moisture-rich toner, from K-Beauty skincare experts
- A supremely lightweight, refreshing formula is infused with a triple blend of Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides and French Seawater
- Our toner for face has three types of Hyaluronic Acid to quench thirsty skin and refine skin texture to provide optimal hydration
- Highly moist and refreshing fluid formula gently seeps into the skin to refine and polish skin texture
- Dermatologist tested, gently scented facial toner.This facial toner is a part of the specially designed skincare regimen based on the Korean aesthetic clinic approach
3. Soffli Gentle AHA Toner – Best Gentle Exfoliator
What makes a good toner is its ability to prepare your skin for what’s to come. And the Gentle AHA Toner by Soffli does just that. Let’s see how!
The toner helps your skin in the absorption of useful ingredients that your skincare products contain. It efficiently cleans your pores and gets rid of all that’s plaguing your skin.
Besides these, the Soffli AHA toner even exfoliates your skin in a very gentle manner.
Soffli makes use of a harmonious mixture of two types of effective AHAs.  These are Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid.
What makes it even more potent and unique is that Soffli adds its own trademark triple nutritional complex.
A bottle of Soffli contains 100ml of the Gentle AHA toner.
|The toner doesn’t contain harmful chemicals and toxins.||Not ideal for sensitive skin types; the formula is harsh.|
|It doesn’t have any type of scent.||Might cause irritation.|
|Soffli Gentle AHA toner is affordable.|
4. Etude House Soojung pH 5.5 Relief Toner – Best for Sensitive Skin
Etude House Soojung Relief Toner contains weak acids. It’s especially ideal for you if you’ve got sensitive and dry skin.
Etude’s toner keeps your skin radiant, fresh, and healthy. It is extremely potent when it comes to balancing the pH of your sensitive, dry skin.
The Soojung Relief Toner contains Glycerine.  That helps relieve stress from your skin and guards the moisture barrier. It also assists your skin to combat sensitivity, irritation, and above all, dryness.
The Etude House toner even uses Madecassoside and Panthenol as its main ingredients.
These hydrating ingredients keep your heated skin moist and cool. At the same time, these two ingredients help heal your irritated and damaged skin.
Etude House Soojung Relief Toner comes in a big bottle that contains 500ml of this amazing product.
|The toner is lightweight.||Not really revolutionary. Ideal for those who’ve never used a toner before.|
|It keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized.||For really dry skin, not hydrating enough.|
|Acts as an efficient low-irritant moisturizer.|
5. Etude House Moistfull Collagen Facial Toner – Best Toner to Boost Collagen Synthesis
Etude has SO many great products that I can’t just mention them once! This one is another amazing option for those who didn’t love the last one.
The main ingredient of this toner is Hydrolyzed Collagen or Super Collagen Water.
These particles are very fine and minute in nature. They’re formed through dissociation during the process of hydrolysis.
Collagen is greatly instrumental in increasing the water retention capacity of your skin. Thus, leaving you with bouncy and dewy skin.
White Lupin is also present abundantly in the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Facial Toner. The plant contains proteins in its seeds. These are exceptionally great at offering moisture to your skin.
The toner moisturizes the skin through a humectant, that is, Glycerine. It also has anti-aging properties and helps heal wounds on your skin since it also contains Beta-Glucan.
The toner is perfect for those of you with dry and dehydrated skin. It comes in a 200ml bottle.
|The toner makes your skin healthy and plump. It helps retain moisture.||Application is inconvenient and messy.|
|It contains an ingredient that is nourishing and rich in moisture.|
Check out this video review:
- The small particles of the SUPER COLLAGEN WATER (Hydrolyzed Collagen) in the Moistfull Facial Toner makes skin full of firming moisture and feeling bouncy
- FREE OF Mineral oil, Polyacrylamide, Imidazolidinyl urea, Triethanolamine, Tar color and Silicone oil
- CLINICALLY TESTED: skin irritation test completed
- WATER ESSENCE TYPE TONER: Instantly provides hydration and moisture deep within skin
- 2-IN-1: Super collagen water delivers hydration to make your skin bouncy and dewy, while White Lupin contains seed-derived protein to keep your skin moisturized
6. COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner – Best Toner For Clogged Pores
This Korean toner exfoliates your skin gently. It removes dead skin cells and flaky substances.
It keeps your pores clean and clear and keeps the presence of oil and sebum under control. The toner offers abundant hydration for your skin and maintains a pH of about 5 to 6.
The AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner by COSRX has willow bark in it. It reduces skin redness and checks the production of oil.
It also contains a blend of Betaine, the moisturizing agent, and Salicylic Acid in the form of Betaine Salicylate. These ingredients help clear clogged pores and check bacterial growth.
Aside from these, the toner helps balance the skin texture and tone through the action of Glycolic Acid.
The toner comes in a 110ml bottle and suits dry skin types. It’s alcohol-free and hypoallergenic (phthalate-free, sulfate-free, and paraben-free).
|Gentle exfoliator.||As your skin adjusts, there are chances of breaking out.|
|Ideal for combination and dry skin as well.|
- Gentle Exfoliating Toner: Formulated with AHA, BHA, and Purifying Botanical Ingredients, our toner improves skin texture, skin vitality, and control pores.
- Soothes, Refreshes & Softens Skin: 0.1% of AHA Glycolic Acid and BHA Betaine Salicylate helps remove dullness and dead skin cells.
- Made with Natural Ingredients: 10% of Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water and Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Water, our mist type toner is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types.
- Use as a Toner Mask: Saturate a cotton pad with the toner and use as a toner mask for immediate hydration.
- COSRX Standards: Clean Beauty - All COSRX products are formulated with skin-friendly ingredients that alleviate irritated skin. Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist tested, Cruelty-FREE, Parabens-FREE, Sulfates-FREE, Phthalates-FREE
7. Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner – Best Toner With Healing Properties
The facial toner by Benton is exceptionally efficient in soothing and moisturizing your dry skin. Let’s see why!
If your skin gets irritated quite easily, you’ll find the healing properties of this Aloe-based toner quite soothing.
At the same time, it offers abundant hydration and ensures that your skin stays moisturized all day long.
Over time, the Benton Aloe Toner increases the moisture retention capacity of your skin. It contains Snail Secretion Filtrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicylic Acid.
It’s perfect for those with normal and dry skin. The toner has healing properties that leave your skin healthy, bright, soft, and calm.
|Contains Aloe Vera.||It does not improve skin texture.|
|The texture of the toner helps absorb nutrients faster.||Inefficient spray nozzle.|
- Aloe, BHA, Exfoliation, Soothing, Hydrating, Blackhead, Dermatologically Tested
- Benton's steady seller. Contains 80% Aloe ingredients which are rich in Polysaccharides and 0.5% of BHA (Maximum amount allowed in Korea).
- Mildly acidic product, reducing BHA's irritation and helping to clear dead skin cells and black heads.
- Hydrating and nourishing with Aloe ingredients.
- How to Use : After cleansing, pump a suitable amount onto hands or cotton pads and spread evenly onto face. Gently pat until absorbed.
8. Elemis Hydrating Ginseng Toner – Best Moisturizing Toner
The toner comes in a 200ml bottle. It uses extracts from the flower of Sweet Betty, Quillaja wood, and Ginseng.
Elemis Hydrating Ginseng Toner efficiently maintains the natural pH levels of your skin. It makes your complexion radiant as the toner hydrates and tones your skin.
It helps in the preservation of your skin’s natural oils while offering the needed moisturization.
The toner contains Geraniol and Limonene. These components give the toner citrus and sweet floral fragrance.
Its ingredients even assist in the better absorption of your other skincare such as night cream or moisturizers.
|The formula is alcohol-free. It helps reduce skin pores.||A bit sticky.|
|The toner provides ample moisture for dry skin.||You may find the scent too overpowering.|
|It lasts long.|
- For dehydrated, dry skin
- Ginseng, Saponins, Sweet Betty Flower
- Refreshes, soothes, rehydrates
- Refines the skin's surface, to minimize the appearance of pores
- Hydrates, alcohol free and detergent free
9. Holika Holika Less On Skin Toner – Keeps Sebum And Oil Secretion In Check
Holika Holika is probably best-known for their snail-mucin products. Don’t worry, though, if that skeeves you out, you’ll be happy to know that their toner is totally free of it.
The toner is mild and safe for your dry skin. Holika Holika only uses ingredients that are of the EWG Green Grade. That means these ingredients stimulate your dry very minimally.
The Less On Skin Toner controls the secretion of oil and sebum and rebalances your skin’s oil-moisture levels. It even guards your skin against harsh environments.
It’s light, clear, and mildly moisturizes your dry skin. The toner’s exceptionally effective in keeping the oil secretion in check.
That’s all thanks to the cellulose that keeps the sebaceous glands under control.
The toner contains Bio-saccharides. These protective components shield your skin against external aggressors by forming a moisturizing layer over it.
The Holika Holika Less On Skin Toner comes in a 180ml bottle.
|It’s suited for sensitive and dry skin types.||The toner has a thick texture.|
|Essential oils are absent.||Key ingredients such as Niacinamide are absent.|
Check it out in the video below:
- A safe formula containing only EWG green grade ingredients to minimize skin irritation. 90% of ingredients are mild natural which is suitable for sensitive skin with its soothing and hypoallergenic nature.
- Protect the skin from external environments and controls the sebum by oil content in skin. 12 necessary ingredients absobs into the skin to soothe without tackiness.
10. Benton Let’s Carrot Oil Toner – Best Toner To Prevent Aging
This one is mainly composed of Carrot seed oil and Carrot water, which creates a sort of double-cleansing vibe. Let’s take a closer look at what it does.
To use this toner, you need to shake the bottle to blend the two components. What you get is a toner that exactly mimics the natural pH of your skin.
The toner shields the natural oils that your skin secretes and offers ample hydration through the Carrot seed oil.
At the same time, you may already be aware that beta-carotene is present in huge amounts in Carrots.
These are potent antioxidants that are effective in preventing premature aging. It does that by guarding your dry skin against free radicals.
The toner even has Vitamin E as one of its ingredients. It helps reduce fine lines and offers anti-inflammatory properties.
|The toner provides ample nutrition for your skin.||Essential oils are present.|
|It makes the skin glossy.||The scent is too strong.|
|Moisturizes the skin abundantly.|
Take a look at the video below for a review:
- Beta-carontene, Carrot Seed Oil, Tocopherol(Vitamin E) included
11. Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Toner – Our Opinion: Best Toner To Soothe And Even Out Your Skin Tone
Another great option from Holika, this one is definitely the best-smelling of the bunch!
The toner contains Ceramides in abundant amounts. It seeps into your dry skin quite effortlessly.
The Super Ceramide Toner efficiently gets rid of all impurities. It hydrates your skin without leaving any residues and offers moisture that will last you the entire day.
A bottle has about 200ml of this luxurious toner. The texture is non-sticky and has a milky appearance.
The toner has a scent that may remind you of a lemon cake or lemon cookie.
It enhances the protective barrier over your dry skin. Besides that, it even balances and soothes your skin.
|The toner efficiently moisturizes your skin and leaves it supple and soft.||If you aren’t into scented toners, you might not like it.|
|Perfect for dry and sensitive skin.||Thick texture.|
|It eliminates dead skin cells and soothes your skin.|
Check out the video review below:
12. ONE THING Centella Asiatica Extract – Best Vegan Toner To Treat Acne And Irritated Skin
If you’re looking for an amazing vegan option, you’ll love this one by ONE THING!
The toner is primarily sourced from the island of Jeju in South Korea. It’s a purely plant-based toner and is created from the Centella Asiatic plant that grows locally in Jeju Island.
ONE THING boasts itself in being cruelty-free. It doesn’t make use of any ingredients that are sourced from animals. Thus, it’s entirely a vegan toner that comes in a 150ml bottle.
It’s suited for all types of skin and especially for those with dry skin. It’s filled with natural ingredients that boost the overall health of your skin by using these premium-grade extracts.
The key ingredient, also known as Tiger Grass or Gotu Kola, Centella Asiatica, is extremely useful in treating acne, irritated skin, and redness.
|It has anti-inflammatory properties and treats redness.||The organic plant scent smells odd.|
|Treats hyperpigmentation and balances skin tone.||Other essential ingredients such as Niacinamide are absent.|
|Improves the elasticity of your skin.|
Check out the video below to learn more:
- 100% Pure botanical Centella Asiatica Extract Toner
- Alcohol Free, Unscented natural ingredient Toner for face
- [Ingredient]Centella Asiatica Extract(95%), Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol
- Enhances skin elasticity, Skin-Purifying
- Clears skin & Antioxidant effect
13. COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner – Abundantly Hydrating Propolis Extract Toner
This particular product by COSRX has dual properties. That is, the toner has properties that are very similar to an essence. Let’s learn more.
The toner hydrates and soothes your dry skin very efficiently. It boasts a formula that’s composed of extracts from the Black Bee Propolis. Its concentration is about 72.6%.
The Propolis extract content is pure. That is, it’s not blended with water. The toner also contains a small concentration of honey extracts, about 10%.
It gets absorbed into your skin very easily. The texture is non-sticky and very similar to that of the essence.
It’s perfect for you if you’ve got dry and dehydrated skin types. You can choose from a variety of sizes. The toner comes in 15ml, 30ml, 50ml, and 150ml bottles.
|Free of essential oil and fragrant.||In the case of sensitive skin, the toner stings.|
|Lightweight||Requires Propolis Ampoule for better results on dry skin.|
- Full Fit Propolis Synergy Toner: Liquid toner formulated to soothe and moisturize.
- Anti-aging and Skin Balancing: Set your skin ready before applying any other products with this golden toner.
- Key Ingredient: Nourishing blend of 72.6% Propolis Extract and 10% Honey Extract.
- Smooth Consistency: Feels great on tight skin after wash and recharges immediately.
- COSRX Standards: Clean Beauty - All COSRX products are formulated with skin-friendly ingredients that alleviate irritated skin. Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist tested, Cruelty-FREE, Parabens FREE, Sulfates FREE, Phthalates FREE.
How to Choose a Korean Toner for Dry Skin – Buying Guide
Just a few years ago, people were googling what is the difference between a toner and essence?
But now, Korean skincare products are the latest trend that everybody seems to be wasting no time to jump onto. It claims to be extremely effective while being gentle and safe for your skin.
That’s why it becomes all the more crucial for you to go through this buying guide to look for the best Korean toner for dry skin.
Prioritize Moisturizing and Soothing Properties
Personally, when I consider an efficient toner, it’s a lot more than just hydration.
For me, properties that soothe irritated skin and redness, balancing, and protecting pH levels of dry skin pretty much sums up a good toner.
Look for essential ingredients such as aloe vera extracts, flower extract, green tea extracts, and types of hyaluronic acids to help skin retain moisture.
These are key components for dry and sensitive skin types.
Avoid Toners With Ingredients That May Dehydrate Your Skin
If you have dry and sensitive skin, you must avoid harsh ingredients that will strip and damage the barrier of your skin.
Efficient Hydration Through Correct Ingredients
Hydrating toners must be your main goal if you’re someone with a dry skin type. Since the moisture barrier of your skin is weak, choose a toner that offers abundant hydration above all else.
Is Korean skincare good for dry skin?
Korean products are extremely effective when it comes to skincare in general. Brands such as COSRX and Klairs are well-known Korean brands that have products that especially cater to dry skin.
Not only do they keep irritants out and moisture in, but these products also bless your dry skin with a bouncy and hydrated texture.
Should I use a toner if I have dry skin?
If you have dry skin, it becomes crucial for you to use a toner that offers abundant hydrating and moisturizing properties. It’s always a must to use a toner for a Korean Skincare routine.
You can use the Klairs Supple Preparation Toner that nourishes, cleanses, and hydrates your skin from the inside out and gives you glowing skin.
I strongly advise you to try out these Korean toners, especially if you just cannot seem to catch a break with your dry skin.
My top pick, Klairs Supple Preparation Toner, and the toners mentioned in this list not only offer ample hydration but boost the overall health of your skin.
Indeed, an efficient toner is crucial for your other skincare procedures.
- 1. (2014) EWG Skin Deep® | What is COPPER TRIPEPTIDE-1. In: EWG. https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredients/701648-copper-tripeptide-1/. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 2. Nunez K (2020) What Is Sodium Hyaluronate and How Is It Used in Skin Care? In: Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/sodium-hyaluronate. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 3. Liu K, Nassim J (2020) The hype on hyaluronic acid – Harvard Health. In: Harvard Health. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-hype-on-hyaluronic-acid-2020012318653. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 4. Cherney K (2018) Everything You Need to Know About Using Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs). In: Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/alpha-hydroxy-acid. Accessed 1 Dec 2021
- 5. Fluhr JW, Darlenski R, Surber C (2008) Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions. British Journal of Dermatology 159:23–34. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2133.2008.08643.x
What is the best Korean toner for dry skin that you love most? Let us know in the comments below!